Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SHR-BSM integration issue

Hello,

I've SHR 9.40, the topology source is BSM 9.13

as per SHR "Config. Guide", I've deployed BSM topology views (.zip files), in BSM after copying them from SHR server.

the problem is, only OMA machines were discovered, also network nodes are not being reported in network reports (no data retrieved for hourly/daily network node).

I've checked in BSM the created topology views by SHR, and found for example that, SM_PA view is retrieving just two machines, which are exactly shown in OMA page in SHR.

the SHR log "topologycollector.log" is repeatedly showing this warning:

"Collection failed for [27] views out of [82] configured views from host [bsm-GW-machine] and type [CMDB]"

also

"Data map for view <viewname> from host <bsm-GW-machine> is empty. so not saving topology"

please note that BSM setup I've is : two load-balanced gateway servers and two load-balanced DPS.

Appreciate your support.

Best Regards.

Mahmoud Sabry

Mahmoud Sabri
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Mahmoud, 

As you have seen, data will be gathered only for those nodes which appear in the views. CIs that match the TQL statements in the views will cause the views to populate.

And  if the view has only two nodes, SHR will gather data only for those two nodes.

Your best bet would be to open a case with the BSM/RTSM team to discover why your existing nodes are not matching the given TQL statements.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.