New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

SI-DiskCapacityMonitor - Exclude Filesystems

Jump to solution

Hi,

I haven't customized this policy to exclude filesystems but did research it in the docs.  I want to make sure I understand it correctly.  So if I don't want to get alerts on, for instance, /boot, then I would edit the SI-DiskCapacityMonitor policy and set the value /boot in the Parameters tab simply as /boot?  Would it need  *'s wrapped around it and how would I denote multiple filesystems?  Would I add a script parameter for each filesystem or can I string them on the same line in one entry?

Thanks in advance,

Heidi

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Heidi,

you are right: In the "Parameters" tab just set the filesystems you want to exclude as a comma separated list.

So to exclude /boot and /tmp just enter:

/boot,/tmp

You could use wildcard * for multiple filesystems, e.g. /var/a*  will exclude all filesystems in the /var directory starting with character a

Hope this helps

Marc

If you liked it I appreciate a thumb-up click, if it solves it, please mark it below with "Accept as Solution" - thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Heidi,

you are right: In the "Parameters" tab just set the filesystems you want to exclude as a comma separated list.

So to exclude /boot and /tmp just enter:

/boot,/tmp

You could use wildcard * for multiple filesystems, e.g. /var/a*  will exclude all filesystems in the /var directory starting with character a

Hope this helps

Marc

If you liked it I appreciate a thumb-up click, if it solves it, please mark it below with "Accept as Solution" - thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Marc,

Awesome.  Thanks so much for the response.  Very helpful.

Heidi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.