Commodore Commodore
Commodore

SNMP traps slow to process

I'm running the older agents 8.60.x and I have been noticing a general slowness in processing traps.

I have wireshark running and I can see the SNMP Trap packet arrive and it takes well over 5-10 minutes to process the trap.

I do have a large volume of traps arriving but it doesn't seem like it should be this slow.

opcmsg events are processing near real time. The latency is only related to receiving traps.

It doesn't seem like the trap interceptor is procesing the trap since I check the opcmsglg logs and I do not see an entry for the trap.

It feels very similar to how the log reader is slow reading without the OPC_LE_MAX_LINES_READ config.

Is there a trap config setting I'm missing?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello.

Why waste time with unsupported agent version?

Install a supported version so you can open a case for it.

But if you want to insist on doing this, enable tracing for the opctrapi process and look in the trace file for clues.

Regards,

Goran

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.