New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

SQL SPI message - database not backed up for 876000 hours (but it HAS been!)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Using the SQL SPI on OML9 - normally works fine, but for a couple of SQL databases we get this error:

Database Model NOT BACKED UP for 876000 hours.

Our thresholds are only set to 24hrs, and the message text would state that, so the SPI seems to be getting this value of 876000 from somewhere.

The database I have been assured has been backed up, so the SPI is either not getting the right information, or it can't access the information and is defaulting to this value (100 years).

Any ideas what's wrong?

For the moment I have put in a threshold to catch this and suppress it, but this means the monitor might not be working at all for this database, so a solution would be better!

Thanks,

Dave

@openview
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello David,

876.000 is indeed the default value for databases which have not been backed up. To check whether this would indeed be appropriate for your model database, could you check with the following query:

select * from from msdb..backupset;

Thank you,

Uli

Micro Focus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello David,

876.000 is indeed the default value for databases which have not been backed up. To check whether this would indeed be appropriate for your model database, could you check with the following query:

select * from from msdb..backupset;

Thank you,

Uli

Micro Focus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks - I have asked the DBA to run this for me, so will see what he comes back with.

He did say it was backed up each night, so will be interesting to see what the result is.

Regards

Dave

@openview
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class

The DBA had said the backup was working but since discovered that the scheduling software had an exclude for this database, so in fact it wasn't ever backed up!

He was sure it was, so I am glad we proved him wrong and the alert was in fact genuine!

Thanks,

Dave

@openview
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Dave,

Thanks! Always good to hear we were able to help out :).

Cheers,

Uli

Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.