Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SS_PRO Database of HP BAC

Hi All,

I am new to BAC tool and facing an issue with the Database part of the tool.

Issue is SS_PRO database of HP BAC is consuming nearly 255GB of storage space.

Want to know SS_PRO database is for what purpose as well as whether we can do some housekeeping to reduce the storage space this Database is using.

We want the storage space to be reduced from 255GB.

Kindly guide me on this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rohan,

The "SS_PRO" file is not a standard database of BAC, however, I assume you have integrated SiteSope to BAC using a database named "SS_PRO" as the profile database for collecting metrics data.

OOTB this metrics data is kept permanently. To prevent the profile database from growing you have to enable purging and define the data retention times in BAC. To change the settings check in “Administration -> Platform -> Data Partitioning and Purging”.

Best Regards

Bernhard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for your reply.

I am new to BAC tool so i do not have much idea about how to purge SS_PRO Database from the option: “Administration -> Platform -> Data Partitioning and Purging”.  Please help me in configuring the data purging.

Also it will be a great help if you make me understand like what kind of data resides under SS_PRO database and is there any impact on BAC tool if we will delete that Database.

Regards,

Rohan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.