Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script fails in BAC.

Hi,

I have a script which runs well in VuGen. But when i try to run it through BAC it fails. I am not sure what might be the reason for failure. Please help me out.

Regards,
Mallesh
0 Likes
18 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi ,

please can you provide which type of vugen script uses?

also provide BAC/BPM Vugen version.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Protocol used - oracle web application 11i
Vugen - 9.0
BAC - 6.5

Earlier it used to work, but from past few days its not working.

Thanks,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hi ,

please do the following procedures:

- try to run the scripts from the BPM it self by invoking the extended tasks

- make sure that the BPM service is running with a valid service account.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have tried invoking the tasks manually from BAC also. i tried opening the application manually from location(used for monitoring in BAC) and it is working fine.

Regards,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hi ,

Now , Can you check the reported data into BAC EUM?

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Only for first transaction, response time is displayed. No response time is displayed for second transaction. I am getting this issue for second transaction.

Thanks,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can you add screenshot of BAC page showing the issue and attach the script?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,

i installed LR 9.0 in the BPM machine and tried to execute the script. But the script fails. Looks like this is not the issue from BAC but from the BPM machine.

I have attached the script and the replay log. I am using Oracle web application protocol.

But when i run the same script from another system, its working fine.

I am not able to figure what exactly is the issue.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

what protocol u r using.record with web(http/html)+ oracle nca
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It appears that the script ran with BPM cannot login properly. You do not have any text checks but it's failing to find the "US Super HRMS Manager - Inquiry" link which only shows up when you have a successful login (I assume). I don't believe it's BPM machine issue 100% since you can use the browser there to login. You need to find more info on how the manual browser login differs from the Vugen/BPM login.

1. You might want to ensure there's no concurrent login issue that may cause the login failures.
2. If you can reproduce the same failure you attached in this thread, then execute the script in Vugen with extended login enabled. Compare the login HTTP request header with the HTTP header from the recording log. Also compare the HTTP response body to help determine more about the login failure.
3. Try rescripting using HTTP Web/HTML.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

If i use Web Http/Html, "Javascript enabled browser is required" message is shown in the replay window. The application doesn't even login with this protocol.

Javascript is enabled in my browser(IE 7.0).

I have removed the text checks, the script works fine and i can see the home page in the replay window.

This has something to do with the java, is my guess.

Thanks,
Mallesh
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.