Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script fails in BAC.

Hi,

I have a script which runs well in VuGen. But when i try to run it through BAC it fails. I am not sure what might be the reason for failure. Please help me out.

Regards,
Mallesh
0 Likes
18 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Every time I run into situation when manually browsing works and Vugen run on same machine fails, I compare HTTP request header and response bodies. It could be a header or cookie that Vugen is not adding in the HTTP Request header.

You may want to try the new HTML/Web script in Wininet replay. That usually resolves odd issues when IE works but Vugen Winsocket replay fails.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am trying to use the user agent IE. But Mozilla is selected by default and i am not able to change it to IE. I dont have mozilla installed in my machine.

Regards,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Custom agent string header can be the issue. You should be able to select IE in the browser type but if not, you can simply modify the custom user agent string to:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

When i run the script in my machine,in the log i can see that "(the src property of the "IMG" element was changed by JavaScript execution)". this makes the script to run successfully.

But if i execute from BPM machine, nothing of this messages appears. I think something has to be installed or configured to make it work but i am not sure what should be done.

I have attached the log file.

Regards,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Mallesh,

You stated you're using BAC 6.5 and Vugen 9.0. You never mentioned the BPM version which is most important. Please reply with BPM version. The BPM version indicates the Vugen replay engine it supports.

You said Vugen 9.0 works on your machine but you had installed it on the BPM and it fails? This is odd since I am not aware that you need anything else. Both installs should be identical and both work or not work (in most cases).

If the BPM that is failing is 6.5, I suggest testing with BPM 7.0 upto BPM 8.04. All these newer BPM versions are supported by BAC 6.5 although BPM 6.5 is the recommended version. I've attached a snippet of the BPM(Vugen)/BAC support matrix.

Good luck and I will continue to try to help but I am running out of ideas. To me, it appears to be a replay issue. Vugen 9.0 has more support for Javascript than the BPM replay engine. The only issue is the fact you mentioned that you installed Vugen 9.0 on the BPM machine and it also failed.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bighead,

The BPM version is also 6.5.0.0. I have already identified the issue is not with the BAC/BPM. The issue is with the BPM installed machine.

I have installed LR 9.0 and IE 7.0 in my machine and also BPM installed machine. unfortunately the script doesn't run in BPM machine. the issue is with the replay. I have attached the replay log in previous posts.

thank for your time and help. really appreciate it. 🙂

Thanks,
Mallesh
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,

I just found out one more thing. hope this might in resolving the issue quicker.

When i replay in BPM installed machine, the link which i want to click doesn't show up in the replay window.

The script fails at this point. But the link shows up when i execute manually i.e. opening IE and checking it.

Thanks,
Mallesh
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.