Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Send data to BVD for past-time

Jump to solution

Hello all,

we are using the OBM and BVD, versions are 10.72.

we are using the BVD and we can send data to BVD by using webservis call json format.

And the problem is that we need to send data to BVD for past-time.

Is there any way to do that ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

No, because this is explicitly a real-time push API.

The use case you describe is more a generic collection case, where BVD is only the visualization layer. The data BVD keeps locally is only a cache for the real-time stream. BVD does not sort the data according to embedded timestamps. The proposed solution here is to use COSO data lake for data collection and to use BVD for visualization.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible using the real-time push you are using.
To display historical data, you can only use Vertica DB queries.

Regards,
klaus

Highlighted

I have a silly proposition, try it if you can afford the effort

set the source and BVD server's time to past, and send the data as if it's real-time.

set them back to normal once you are done

All my responses are based on personal experience with MicroFocus products. If you intend to use my replies in production environments - please get a second opinion from official sources. (Support, PS, etc.)
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.
Is there any possibility if i open an ER for this feature ?
0 Likes
Highlighted

No, because this is explicitly a real-time push API.

The use case you describe is more a generic collection case, where BVD is only the visualization layer. The data BVD keeps locally is only a cache for the real-time stream. BVD does not sort the data according to embedded timestamps. The proposed solution here is to use COSO data lake for data collection and to use BVD for visualization.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.
Thank you Klaus, bytheway i guess is not supported but i inserted the data directly BVD postgre db and we can see the past data on the dashboards now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.