Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sending RTSM reports by email?

Jump to solution

Hi,

In OBM 2019.05 we would like to have some of the defined RTSM Topology Reports based on Views sent to us regularly via e-mail.  I have configured the RTSM Infrastructure Settings category "Mail Settings" with all possible (and impossible...) combinations, but it just doesn't work. When I try to send and email interactively from RTSM, I just get an error message stating "Mail not sent due to security restrictions. Please try again later!". The networking guys have looked in the logs on the SMTP-server, and they do not see any traces at all of RTSM's attempts.

Have anyone been successful in configuring RTSM to send emails?

We do use the OBM Notification functionality to send certain emails based on events, so the problem only applies to the RTSM-/UCMDB-based email function.

BR,
Frank Mortensen
Managon AB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

One final and important update regarding the hotfix!

The hotfix does indeed solve the problem, but the bundled zip-file contains faulty directories. A Micro Focus employee found out this for us last week. It basically places the two hotfix-files in a directory where they have no effect! At least in OBM on Windows, but it becomes evident that the same must apply to Linux-environments. 

The hotfix README states the following:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1.Stop UCMDB server
2. Clear from runtime the jetty and log folder
3. Unzip the attached archive in UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-ui\WEB-INF\classes
4. Start the UCMDB Server

When unzipping "the attached archive" in the classes directory, the following subdirectory structure is created beneath it:

OCTCR19U828481\classes\HF_OCTCR19U828481\com\hp\ucmdb\uiserver\services\cmdb

The hotfix files are then places in the cmdb leaf directory.

I reckon that the look of that structure should trigger one's suspiciousness, but apparently it did not in my case. I probably didn't even notice it and rather just trusted the hotfix instructions to be correct.

To solve the problem, the three directory levels OCTCR19U828481\classes\HF_OCTCR19U828481 should basically be removed. Rather the com directory  should be placed directly underneath the classes directory, as follows:

<UCMDBServerDir>\deploy\ucmdb-ui\WEB-INF\classes\com\hp\ucmdb\uiserver\services\cmdb

If anyone from Micro Focus reads this, please use your internal channels to request that the above info. should also be published in the Knowledge Base available to your support customers! Not only in the internal KBs that are available to your own staff only!

Furthermore, the problem should obviously also be rectified in the hotfix per se, to avoid future problems with the same hotfix.

BR,
Frank Mortensen
Managon AB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Frank.

If you RTSM version on OBM 2019.05 is the same (UCMDB 2019.05) there a defect created on that function.

Please open a case with support and make reference to the Defect: OCTCR19U828481.

They will see the defect and provide you with a hotfix for it, however, the hotfix was created for a standalone UCMDB Installation. Please review your RTSM/UCMDB Installation on OBM 2019.05.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks for your tip, Cesar!

I have now created a support case.

Cheers,
Frank

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hm, I do not want to be rude, but I was a bit surprised to see that *you* marked your reply as a solution.

I would prefer to wait and see that I get the hotfix first and, furthermore, that it actually fixes my problem, before I consider it a solution. I assume this would provide better value to other people reading this thread as well.

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi all,

I have now installed the received hotfix from MF Support, but unfortunately it did not solve our particular problem. I must be caused by something else.

We do not have time to pursue this now, so we have nonetheless closed the supportcase after receiving that hotfix.

FYI

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

One final and important update regarding the hotfix!

The hotfix does indeed solve the problem, but the bundled zip-file contains faulty directories. A Micro Focus employee found out this for us last week. It basically places the two hotfix-files in a directory where they have no effect! At least in OBM on Windows, but it becomes evident that the same must apply to Linux-environments. 

The hotfix README states the following:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1.Stop UCMDB server
2. Clear from runtime the jetty and log folder
3. Unzip the attached archive in UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-ui\WEB-INF\classes
4. Start the UCMDB Server

When unzipping "the attached archive" in the classes directory, the following subdirectory structure is created beneath it:

OCTCR19U828481\classes\HF_OCTCR19U828481\com\hp\ucmdb\uiserver\services\cmdb

The hotfix files are then places in the cmdb leaf directory.

I reckon that the look of that structure should trigger one's suspiciousness, but apparently it did not in my case. I probably didn't even notice it and rather just trusted the hotfix instructions to be correct.

To solve the problem, the three directory levels OCTCR19U828481\classes\HF_OCTCR19U828481 should basically be removed. Rather the com directory  should be placed directly underneath the classes directory, as follows:

<UCMDBServerDir>\deploy\ucmdb-ui\WEB-INF\classes\com\hp\ucmdb\uiserver\services\cmdb

If anyone from Micro Focus reads this, please use your internal channels to request that the above info. should also be published in the Knowledge Base available to your support customers! Not only in the internal KBs that are available to your own staff only!

Furthermore, the problem should obviously also be rectified in the hotfix per se, to avoid future problems with the same hotfix.

BR,
Frank Mortensen
Managon AB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.