Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Service called "-Xmx512m" exist on Sitescope

Jump to solution

Hello Support,

I noticed that a service called "-Xmx512m" exist on our failover Sitescope whose start up type is Automatic. i checked the Primary sitescope for the same service but did not find.

Could you please let me know what this service is all about?

-KAKA-

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

To me it appears that is a failed attempt to create a service, because is called after a Java parameter... Check the binary path from the properties of the service, if it's calling something at SiS folder then I'd say is safe to delete it with command sc delete "<display name>"

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello there,

What SiteScope Version and what windows OS?  was Failover installation successfull? anything in the logs? Was the server rebooted after installtion completed?

Installing SiteScope Failover is similar to a regular SiteScope installation,  usually default service name is "HP SiteScope Failover".  if you right-click on the service and select properties what do you see under "Path to executable:" ?

SiteScope Failover must be installed and run using the same basic permission levels as primary SiteScope, to ensure that both can access needed file outside of SiteScope and both need to be installed on similar relative drive.

Additionally, the installation path must not contain spaces or non-Latin characters in its name, and must end
with a folder named SiteScope (the folder name is case sensitive).

HTH/t

Premium Services
“If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Cadet 2nd Class

Most likely someone was playing around with the command to install the service manually, do you ahve the actual service working fine?

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Kenneth,

Yes original service is working fine. playing on production server is rarely possible and also the service has startup type Automatic.

what can be done in this situation?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

To me it appears that is a failed attempt to create a service, because is called after a Java parameter... Check the binary path from the properties of the service, if it's calling something at SiS folder then I'd say is safe to delete it with command sc delete "<display name>"

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.