Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

SiS in HA event close key misbehaviour

Jump to solution
Hi experts. We have SiS 11.24 in HA. We also have BSM integration for events. We have lets say a simple db query which is green. When primary sis goes down failover takes over. And lets say that at that point the db query monitor turns in eŕror. We get the event in OMi. Now primary sis takes over again and runs the monitor and the monitor in now ok again. The thing is that the event from sis2 will not close in bsm since key contains the sis server name and does not autoclose when normal. Is there any suggestions? I read something about dyn files and merge back. Another idea we had is the mapping file but we do not want to wxclude the sis server name from the close key
Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi,

We had the same issue.

Solution:

Preferences - Common Event Mappings - Edit Default Monitor Event Mapping.

For 'Key' and 'Close Key Pattern':

Replace '<<siteScopeHost>>' with a logical name on both servers, i.e. the same name.

Then the keys will match no matter which server is the source of the events.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi,

We had the same issue.

Solution:

Preferences - Common Event Mappings - Edit Default Monitor Event Mapping.

For 'Key' and 'Close Key Pattern':

Replace '<<siteScopeHost>>' with a logical name on both servers, i.e. the same name.

Then the keys will match no matter which server is the source of the events.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Thank you dasomm. Great idea. Do you know anything from another possible solution I heard about deleting *.dyn files in secondary I think and then something about merge back.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi gmatrozos,

I haven't heard of the method you describe, but don't quite understand how that could fix the issue with close key pattern.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Thank you dasomm. Anyway your solution seems better and more straightforward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.