Sistescope upgrade and APM-SAM integration
We have Sitescope 11.32 [ current OS in Win 2008 server] . Sitescope 11.32 is integrated with BSM 9.26 currently for SAM.
We want to upgrade both
a) Win 2008 OS to Win 2016 OS
b) Upgrade Sitescope 11.32 to 2019.08 version
After the upgrade we want to integrate the Sitescope with new OMI for events and we want to keep the existing SAM integration be with BSM / APM.
- SIS 11.32 does not support win 2016 OS.
- SIS 2019.08 does not support Win 2008 OS.
- Win 2012 OS is supported by both SIS 11.32 , SIS 2019.08
We have below 3 options:
1) Option1 [ Side-by-Side Sis upgrade ,OS upgrade First]:
- Take backup of Sitescope 11.32 [ current OS is Win 2008 server]. All server backup , export configurations , Sitescope folder backup etc.
- Install fresh OS win 2016 on the existing machine Sitescope 11.32.
- Install fresh 2019.08 Sitescope on the same server.
- Import old SIS 11.32 sis configuration manually.
- Do the SAM- APM integrations again newly and do the OMI integrations.
- In this Option there are chances that some certificates , monitors , folders may have issues , because we are doing export / import manually from Sis 11.32 to Sis 2019.08
2) Option2 [ Inplace SIS Upgrade and OS Upgrade Last]:
- Take backups
- On Sitescope 11.32 , upgrade to Sitescope 2019.08 [ assuming 2019.08 upgrade might work on the existing Win 2008 OS].
- Take backups
- Then upgrade the OS to win 2016 [from win 2008 OS] .
- We assume after the OS is upgraded , it will not affect the 2019.08 Sis working ?
- Existing SAM integrations would work successfully. No new SAM integrations to be done.
- With this option , we don’t have to manually reimport the old sis 11.32 configuration , because Sis upgrade procedure would have already done this.
- Same as Option2 but we will upgrade to Win 2012 , as both Sis 11.32 and Sis 2019.08 supports Win 2012 OS.
Please let know which option is advisable ?