Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

SiteScop 11.22 patch installation issue.

Jump to solution

Seeing this issue while upgrading sitescope instance from 10.14 to 11.22.

We are running sitescope on windows vmware server instances. As part of the upgrade process, SiteScope 10.14 is unistalled including the patches. 11.20 gets installed correctly and so does 11.22. But once the service is started, SiteScope console shows version as 11.20 instead of 11.22.

I tried to uninstall 11.22 thinking that would fix the problem, but sitescope is not letting me do that. It gives me error message,

"There was a failure with this installation. Installation pre-remove rollback script has returned a non-zero error code. To quite the uninstallation now, click Quit. If you quit uninstall now, some packages may remain on the system and the HP SiteScope uninstaller may be left on the system"

Any idea about this error message? is there any unistallation switches available to ignore the pre-remove checking?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

While working on this, i followed your document about manual removal of sitescope application and cleaned up the server. Reinstalled 11.20 and 11.22 and all set now.

Thanks a ton... that removal document was cool. Attaching it again for others benefit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

What's your bits version? You may leave patch installed if everything is running OK. About wrong version it may be some file that wasn't updated correctly.

Please post next files: master.config, SiteScope\installation\dat\product.xml and SiteScope\dat\Version.txt

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Kenneth,

Are you asking about the patch version (32 or 64)? it is 32 bit.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class
What about files I requested?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

While working on this, i followed your document about manual removal of sitescope application and cleaned up the server. Reinstalled 11.20 and 11.22 and all set now.

Thanks a ton... that removal document was cool. Attaching it again for others benefit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class
Sure, please make this as resolved.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.