Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SiteScope 10.12 Memory Monitor

Jump to solution
Can anyone confirm which memory is reported by this generic monitor? (RAM or Swap space) It looks like the monitor is for swap space and not the physical memory.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
8 Replies
Absent Member..
Absent Member..
For available physical memory, you need to use Windows or Unix Resource Monitor.

Select Memory then available bytes, Kbytes or Mbytes.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
How can I get the percent of memory used?
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Hi,

You can change the template also. go to sitescope->templates.os-> select your os which one you have selected fot that server and edit that. you can see id= memory in that you can see the line swap there you can change that one to Mem instead of swap.
Restart sitescope serivices then by default it will give physical memory percentage.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
0 Likes
Absent Member..
hi,

Even you can use windows/unix resource monitors.

-Krishna Rajapantula
0 Likes
Absent Member..
For UNIX, We can change it in respective OS template & memory monitor will be changed accordingly which displays the physical memory in percentage.

But for Windows there is no way as I know. Anyone ever tried this for Windows by modifying the SiteScope configuration for MEMORY monitor (please don't say about Windows resources monitor)?

If you need it for UNIX flavor (SunOS), let me know I will get the one. For Linux it is quite simple.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Hi Raj

I need the SunOS one. COuld you please provide it.

Would be much appreciated

--Regards
--Mario
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Hi Mario,

Please find below is the custom code to be used in Solaris servers physical memory monitoring.

#
id=memory
command=echo `/usr/sbin/prtconf | grep "Mem" | awk '{print $3*1024;}'`" "`sar -r 1 1 | grep -v freemem | grep -v SunOS | grep -v ^$ | awk '{print $2*8;}'`
total=1
free=2
swapUnit=1024

Please check location of your commands & if they are different, change the command path accordingly.

Thanks,
Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.