UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

SiteScope 11.10 -- service monitor with 'not installed' status

Hi Guys,

we had setup few service monitors for monitoring the services. they have started triggering alert with 'not installed' status. the process would be running when it triggers. I came to know searching this forum that it set the status to not installed when the tool couldnt fetch the service status.

i was thinking to modify the threshold so that it doesnt consider it an error when the status is not installed. but it looks like there are only two values for status -- running and not found. i couldn't set the not installed values in the threshold.

please suggest me the way to stop the alert from triggering when the status is not installed or way to fix if it is an issue.

I also tried using process name -- the frequency of occuring is reduced however it has not stopped.

all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mallesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Try to do following things.

1. Patch the sitescope you are using to correct bugs if any. Use test connection button under remote windows section to see any connect issues exists if any.

2. Ensure that you have proper permissions for the user you are trying to connect to server. Also, if it is a windows box you are monitoring, ensure that remote windows registry service is enabled and set to automatic. Also to be on safer side, give read access to permon utility to the user you are using to connect to server.

3. If you are not able to see the process name, use a script monitor along with regular expression to fetch the process

Regular expression paramaters (use these character to make a meaningful expression):
\d*-\d*-\d*\s\d*.*,\d*\s\[\w.*\]\s\(\w.*\)\s\w.*\s\-\s
where d indicates a digit, w indicates a word, s indicates a space, and *
indicates any character.

Regards,

Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

thanks Sujith for replying so soon.

1. we have installed all the patches.

2.  the user used to connect to the remote server have admin access on the server.

3. we are using 64 bit SiS, the script monitor is not available.

is there an option to set the monitor result as warning if the status is not installed. then i can set the alert to trigger only for error and this would be solved.

Thanks,

mallesh

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You are not trying to fix the problem. You are trying for work around which is actually making you loose the purpose of monitoring. Did you check everything what I said in last comnment?

It looks to me like that it is an authentication issue. Does the service monitor often fail or always fail?

Another option is to write to a log file by the process you are trying to monitor. Then monitor the log using log file monitor.

Regards,

Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello Sujith,

it doesnt always fail. it used to fail less often but from past few days the frequency has increased.

"Another option is to write to a log file by the process you are trying to monitor. Then monitor the log using log file monitor. "

how can i do this? please let me know.

Thanks,

Mallesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.