SiteScope 11.23 upgrade to 11.33
I have been reading through the SiteScope 11.33 documentation, and have these questions about upgrading.
SiteScope 11.23 to 11.33 upgrade (LINUX)
SiteScope 11.24 to 11.33 upgrade (WINDOWS)
integrated to BSM SAM v9.24 (LINUX)
1) Can I upgrade from 11.23 to 11.30, then to 11.33 patch, or do I need to go from 11.23 to 11.24 patch first?
2) SiteScope 11.33 supports traditional Points licenses. If I have a copy of license key files from 11.23 (or 11.24),
can I simply import the same key files in v11.33, or do i need to download v11.33 Points keys from License Portal?
3) Can I install Points based license in v11.33 and then in future convert to new OSi based model without issue?
4) In APM Integration Support matrix, it shows BSM 9.24 (9.2x) *is* supported. Do i need to delete the BSM SAM
integration before upgrade, and then re-add it after SiteScope upgrade is complete, or will it automatically update?
To answer your questions:
1. Take in account that 11.30 is a major version, we suggest to backup the whole instance and once done install 11.30. Yes, you must upgrade to 11.24 before installing 11.30. Anyway, please follow the upgrade process that is documented in SiteScope Deployment Guide: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00746852 (chapter 10 - "Upgrading SiteScope")
2. Since 11.32 you can use the same 11.2x license file, but you must do a little change in master.config, to get the instructions to achieve that, please consult SiteScope 11.33 Deployment Guide (chapter 2 - "SiteScope Licenses", pages 54-55): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02656620
3. No problem, but you must contact your sales representative in order to do that. He/she can provide more information about this process.
4. It should be updated automatically, no need to delete BSM integration (make sure that SiteScope upgrade is performed in the same SiteScope server).
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.