Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

SiteScope 11.3x to 11.40 difference with filesystem monitoring

Jump to solution

Hello,

I recently installed a new 11.40, imported the configuration from our existing 11.33 and started looking for changes that might impair our planned update. Besides some minor tweaks(SQL drivers, permissions, ...) most of it seemed to work nicely - however the Dynamic Disk Space Monitor seems to have undergone some changes for 11.40.

Example server
11.33 delivers / and /boot
11.40 delivers /, /boot, /mnt (mounts), /run/user/* , /dev ....
According to the DEBUG log - both run the same statement /bin/df -T - but yield different results.
The only change I could find on short notice was a change to the RedHatEnterpriseLinux.config - 11.40 delivers
id=disks
command=/bin/df -T
mount=7
type=2
name=1
total=3
free=5
percentUsed=6
noNameFilter=true
startLine=2
inaccessiblePattern=/(.*The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.*)/

These 2 lines are not present in 11.33(or just our installation?). Is this a feature of 11.40 to include mounts and tmpfs - and can we somehow exclude them again by default?

Can also open a case if that helps.

regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello,

Well, then try the followin steps:

• Rollback the previous changes you performed
    • Keep the original template, make a copy of the 11.33 template and change its name something  like RedHatEnterpriseLinux-v2.config (notice that I have added -v2 in the template's name).
  • Open the template and change its ID name by something like id=RHESLinux_v2
  • Choose this modified template in the remote connection settings.

See below example:

RHEL_Template.png

Let us know if that is helpful.

Regards,

Allan Delgado Calderon
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello,

As you mentioned, this is a feature included in 11.40, however, what you can do is:

- Make a backup of the current RedHatEnterpriseLinux.config template (in 11.40)

- Try importing the template used in 11.33 into 11.40 (just copy/paste)

Check if that helps, if not, then rollback the changes.

Allan Delgado Calderon

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Well - that did not do the trick sadly.
Are there any other ways to remove this feature - I'd hate to adjust all my dynamic disk space monitors.

I suppose I could use
/bin/df -T -x tmpfs -x devtmpfs -x nfs
But this should really be a GUI customizable thing...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Well, then try the followin steps:

• Rollback the previous changes you performed
    • Keep the original template, make a copy of the 11.33 template and change its name something  like RedHatEnterpriseLinux-v2.config (notice that I have added -v2 in the template's name).
  • Open the template and change its ID name by something like id=RHESLinux_v2
  • Choose this modified template in the remote connection settings.

See below example:

RHEL_Template.png

Let us know if that is helpful.

Regards,

Allan Delgado Calderon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.