Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SiteScope (2020.05) Alerts Date and Time Format Customization

Dear SiteScope Community,

I have a few questions regarding the following more or less cosmetic issue (at least) with the SiteScope alerts and related e-mail templates respectively:

1. Only today I noticed the following passage in the SiteScope's 'Use Manual', under Alerts -> 'Customize Alert Templates' -> 'How to Customize Email Alert with the MM/DD/YYYY format':

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:2020.05/CustomizeAlertTemplates

Do I understand it correctly: an existing date tag (i.e. <time-date>?) within (any) selected e-mail template should be replaced with the <eur-date> tag? And what happens then??

I didn't get any different date format in my test alert with that new tag, I'm afraid! I still get plain US format, e.g. for a present day, October 5 2020, with the mentioned tag replacement:

Date: 10/05/2020
Time: 11:15 AM

We would prefer the following date format: 05/10/2020   (and possibly 24-hour time format as well!)

2. There is some older support article (or tip) related to the similar question(s) here:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Bridge-User/Support-Tip-Date-time-format-in-HP-BSM-and-SiteScope/m-p/284434#M293110

I'm afraid those instructions are of no impact and use either:

- We use a non-US locale (i.e. Slovenian precisely) on our SiteScope server all along, but all dates ever generated within SiteScope components only used a default US date (&time) format! These lines are the excerpt from our running master.config configuration:

_localeCountry=SI
_localeEnabled=CHECKED
_localeLanguage=si
_localMachineNetTimeFormat=d.M.yyyy hh:mm aa

So, any suggestions on what am I missing here, perhaps?

Cheers,

alpha7B5

- - - - - - - -
Walked the deserts, swam the shores, many ways in which I've grown.
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello alpha7b5, 

I hope you are fine. 

Regarding your questions, the only thing that I see different is the following: _localMachineNetTimeFormat = d.M.yyyy hh: mm yy when the other forum comments that the format is the following: _localMachineNetTimeFormat = d / M / yyyy hh: mm yy. You could try that way, save changes, restart the SiteScope service and validate the change.

Best Regards, 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If I remember correctly you could try this parameter in master config

Set:

_prettyDateCustomPattern=yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss

Result:

<currentTime>   ->    2020/07/01 08:54:13

Or this one:

_prettyDateCustomPattern=yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss:SSS

<currentTime> = 2020/07/01 09:08:54:324

Hope this helps....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.