Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

SiteScope 2020.05 Bug? Not possible to log in to SiS when OBM is stopped and SiS service restarted.

Hi,

OBM 2020.05 and SiteScope 2020.05 on win 2019.
SiS is integrated with OBM for events and topology.

Problem:
When OBM is stopped and SiS service restarted, it´s not possible to log in to SiS. The welcome screen comes up, but the log in window doesnt´t come up.
After starting OBM login window appears and log in OK.

Tested on one installation with OBM running SSL, and one running http. Tested three different SiS servers, none of them has been hardened. All with the same issue. Tested also with SiS Local Client, same issue.

Seems that when service is restarted and SiS cannot establish communication with OBM for topo sync, SiS fails to present login window.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello dasomm

This is an expected behavior when SiteScope is integrated with OBM/APM. Not only happens with the 2020.05 version but with all SiteScope versions since I recall.

However, this may be a good request for an Idea Exchange as sometimes is difficult to know the root cause, except when we see "[SiteScope Main] (SiteScopeGroup.java:630) INFO - Starting topaz manager": as the last line of the error.log from SiteScope\logs folder.

To create the new Idea Exchange, please visit the following site:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Operations-Bridge-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/OpsBridge_Idea_Exchange

Best regards

Daniel Rojas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

I´ve never seen that behavior before. 
If I stop my OMI 10.63 servers and restart SiS (11.41), login to SiS works fine.
In error.log there are errors saying "problem while sending data to URL <OMI>....", which is of course expected.

Why should login to SiS be affected by topo sync stopping? 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.