Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

SiteScope Failover server v11.3x upgrade process

Jump to solution

Upgrading SiteScope from v11.24 to v11.33 IP5 (LINUX).

I have completed the Primary server upgrade to v11.33 IP5.  Failover Server was stopped the entire time.

When upgrading the Failover server (uninstall all v11.2x then install all v11.3x):

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Eric,

yes, as the configuration is not exported and imported, you would lose this type of information and provide it to SiteScope Failover again.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Eric,

I think the exact flow or order is not documented anywhere, here is what I would do:

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?
-> You can, but you don't need to, as the first mirror will get the current configuration from the Primary SiteScope server

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?
-> Both SiteScope versions should be the same, so only start the Failover AFTER you have applied SiS 11.33 + IP5

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Commander
Commander

Hello Eric,

Please find the response to your questions below:

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

A/ No, it is not necessary to export any Failover configuration, the Mirroring will pick up all the configuration. 

A/ Both, Primary and Failover have to be running the same version and patches.

Regards,

Kevin González
Customer Support Engineer

Thank you both Siggi and Kevin for your comments.

Since Failover does not require export/import, then this is basically a *new* install of Failover.  Not really an 'upgrade'.  I will lose the SSL server cert (serverKeystore) since it was HTTPS, and also the license file, so i would need to load them manually.

Agree?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Eric,

yes, as the configuration is not exported and imported, you would lose this type of information and provide it to SiteScope Failover again.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.