Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SiteScope OSI license vs Points

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have recently purchase loadrunner license. By default we got some license for SiteScope. I'm not familiar with SS licensing.

It says 1 point and 25 OSI/25 URL. Please could you guide as to what the attached license mean? I need to know how many servers I can monitor, is there any restriction on types of monitors and for how long I can use this license.

Kind Regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello @J_Jena ,

SiteScope have 2 License model - 1) Point Based 2) Capacity Based (or OSI)

In POINT based license,  In this case, each monitored object instance (say CPU % Idel, %CPU Used, %CPU Free) will consume it's own license point. The number of points consumed by each monitor/metrics can be checked at the Link.
LinkClick Here
Search for Topic: License Point Usage For Monitors

In OSI Model, There are three types of capacity Types: Operating System instances (OSi), Transactions for monitors that run VuGen scripts, and URLs. Say if you have 25 OSI, 25URL and 10 Transaction License, you can create monitors for those many Nodes, URL, Transaction. Example: With 1 OSI License, you can monitor as many object instance (say CPU % Idel, %CPU Used, %CPU Free) as you want for 1 HOST (server). So 1 OSI represents 1 Monitored Host with 'n' number of the object instance.

And answer to your License is, this license is not a Free Production SiteScope License. The Licence which you shared in the screenshot is a Load Testing Edition License. The Load Testing edition license is instantly available upon SiteScope for Load Testing installation. This setup type is used with a LoadRunner or Performance Center installation only.

Reference Link:

1) Instant-On License

2) Points-based License Model

3) Capacity-based (OSi) License Model

4) OSi vs URL vs Transaction Capacity Types

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @J_Jena ,

SiteScope have 2 License model - 1) Point Based 2) Capacity Based (or OSI)

In POINT based license,  In this case, each monitored object instance (say CPU % Idel, %CPU Used, %CPU Free) will consume it's own license point. The number of points consumed by each monitor/metrics can be checked at the Link.
LinkClick Here
Search for Topic: License Point Usage For Monitors

In OSI Model, There are three types of capacity Types: Operating System instances (OSi), Transactions for monitors that run VuGen scripts, and URLs. Say if you have 25 OSI, 25URL and 10 Transaction License, you can create monitors for those many Nodes, URL, Transaction. Example: With 1 OSI License, you can monitor as many object instance (say CPU % Idel, %CPU Used, %CPU Free) as you want for 1 HOST (server). So 1 OSI represents 1 Monitored Host with 'n' number of the object instance.

And answer to your License is, this license is not a Free Production SiteScope License. The Licence which you shared in the screenshot is a Load Testing Edition License. The Load Testing edition license is instantly available upon SiteScope for Load Testing installation. This setup type is used with a LoadRunner or Performance Center installation only.

Reference Link:

1) Instant-On License

2) Points-based License Model

3) Capacity-based (OSi) License Model

4) OSi vs URL vs Transaction Capacity Types

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you @SahilGupta. I understood the OSI/Point based calculation. In regards to the screenshot, Can I monitor 25 hosts/urls with as many counters as I need? Or because it says quantity as 1 point, so I can monitor only 1 counter with unlimited hosts?

Note - We want to monitor performance runs in test environment using this license. Not for production monitoring.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @J_Jena ,

This is not a normal SiteScope monitoring License. You need to have "SiteScope for Load Testing" installed for this. You cannot use this with normal SiteScope installation. "SiteScope for Load Testing" is a customized/specialized SiteScope installation used for Load/Performance Testing. It allows you to run monitors at a Very-High Frequency, which normal SiS installation does not.

This setup type is used with an HPE LoadRunner or HPE Performance Center installation ONLY. It enables you to define and use SiteScope monitors on a LoadRunner or Performance Center application. SiteScope provides additional monitoring that complements the native LoadRunner and Performance Center monitors.

To install "SiteScope for Load Testing":

1) Run the SiteScope Installation (Setup File is Same for all SiS installations)
2) 4th Option, after Product Agreement, is Product Customization
3) You will see 3 Installation Options
a) HP SiteScope
b) HP SiteScope Failover
c) HP SiteScope for Load Testing (This option is NOT available for installation on LINUX)
4) Select option (C) and run the installation.
5) Post successful "SiteScope for Load Testing" installation, License will be activated automatically
6) You will not be asked to add the license manually. It's free for everyone 25 URL/OS License

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Thank you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.