UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

SiteScope URL monitor intermittingly returns an "error 401 0 unauthorized" message

Hello.  I am running SiS 11.13 on a Win2003 platform, 64 bit JVM, build 3102

I have a URL monitor set up to check on our SharePoint page.  The monitor runs every 5 minutes, meaning there are 288 attempts every day.  Of those 288 attempts approximately 4-6 of them return a value of "error 401 - unauthorized".  The SharePoint server is running Kerberos.  The problem cannot be pinpointed at a specific time, and we've checked to see if the application pool is recycling.  The application recycles at 23:00-23:30 daily.  These errors happen at very random times, sometimes 11:30 in the morning, sometimes at 16:00 in the afternoon, so no correlation to the application pool recycling. 

On the "Authentication Settings" settings of the monitor "NTLM V2" is checked. 

The weird thing is the SharePoint admin (I don't even have access to log into the SharePoint server via RDP or VSphere) tells me he sees the service account successfully logging in, but the SiS log shows a failure with the code "401 Authentication". 

I'm convinced it's either a Kerberos or other setting on the app server as this monitor has run fine for 2 years, the errors just started about 8 weeks ago when SharePoint was "rebuilt". 

Any idea why this is happening or what to do to fix it?

Thanks!

Kimberly

n/a
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Do you fill the Domain\username  and password in monitor or use the SiS service credentials?

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hello Kimberly,

Was this issue resolved? We are also facing the same issue with the URL Monitoring for a sharepoint portal. If this issue has got resolved, could you please let me know the steps that you carried out.

Thanks 

Roysten

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.