Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

SiteScope failover mirror issue

Jump to solution
Has anyone experienced the following error? I am unable to run the mirroring process on a fresh install of the High Availability SiteScope. I have also confirmed that there is no such directory as /conf/ems/Transitional

2010-03-31 13:17:55,723 [http-8080-Processor19] (CopyConfiguration.java:997) ERROR - Failed copying file /conf/ems/Transitional//EN">/preesKey=e.which; (status=-1)
2010-03-31 13:17:55,723 [http-8080-Processor19] (CopyConfiguration.java:808) ERROR - Error during copying /conf/ems/Transitional//EN">/
2010-03-31 13:17:55,723 [http-8080-Processor19] (CopyConfiguration.java:645) ERROR - Error contacting mirror server : -1

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Dear Peter Close,

Did you enter SiteScope HA license on failover machine? - without this license you are not able to synchronize SiteScopes.
The second issue might be related to entered primary SiteScope port (in Failover preferences) - what did you enter there? You have to enter there 8888 port instead of 8080. Please, let me know if you still are unable to synchonize SiteScopes.

Best regards, Artem Trofimov
---
Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hmmm.

What SiteScope version, what OS?
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.
v10.0, windows 2003
The ports are available on both sides
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Dear Peter Close,

Did you enter SiteScope HA license on failover machine? - without this license you are not able to syncronize SiteScopes.
The second issue might be related to entered primary SiteScope port (in Failover preferences) - what did you enter there? You have to enter there 8888 port instead of 8080. Please, let me know if you still are unable to synchonize SiteScopes.

---
Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Dear Peter Close,

Did you enter SiteScope HA license on failover machine? - without this license you are not able to synchronize SiteScopes.

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.
Thanks Artem Trofimov you've solved the problem. I must not have read the instructions correctly for something as simple as that. Have a great day!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Nice to hear 🙂
Please, close this tread and mark it as solved your issue.

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Hi,
We have configured sitescope HA with port 8888.Whether this would have an impact other than reports?

Regards,
SJ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear SJ,

Firet and foremost , would like to confirm you

The SiteScope Mirror feature allows you to setup a SiteScope mirror or failover server that automatically updates or "mirrors" the monitoring configuration from another SiteScope server at scheduled intervals. Providing for a SiteScope mirror or failover is a useful tactic in making sure that e-commerce operations monitoring is always available in your network environment.

Select the monitor that will be used as the failover for this SiteScope. If this monitor goes into error, then the monitoring on this SiteScope will be enabled - when this monitor goes back to OK, then monitoring on this SiteScope will be disabled.

Note: the group that this monitor is in will not be overwritten by the mirror synchronization from the primary SiteScope. The copied monitors will be created in groups that mirror the groups on the primary server.

Rgds/ J I

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.