Commander
Commander

SiteScope how to add monthly schedule

Hi Everyone,

I am running SiteScope 11.24 on Windows.

I got request to disable monitoring on group of servers and related monitors on 1st Sunday of every month between 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM during server reboot.

Is there any way in SiteScope to achive this?

Thanks

Sonia

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is no direct way to do it in SiteScope. The workaround would be using some external software that is capable to handle schedules you want (1st Sunday of every month), and then use SiteScope configuration API calls (disabling necessary groups/monitors) as an action for such scheduled task.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Thanks for your reply Dmitry!!!

Can you suggest any software?

Where I need to Install it?

How to make API calls?

Sonia

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

CRON is the first thing that comes to my mind as a well known task scheduler. There should be a version of CRON for Windows if you google it.

The software can be installed ANYWHERE from which you can reach the SiteScope server, including the SiteScope server itself. SiteScope Configuration API is documented in the SiteScope manuals.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.