SiteScope integration to BSM Operations Management

I have BSM 9.24 (LINUX), along with multiple SiteScope instances (11.23 and 11.24, both LINUX and WIN) currently integrated via BSM SAM, but *not* to Operations Management.

These SiteScope instances currently have HP Operations Agents installed, and are reporting to an HPOM v9 Management Server.  I want to now start integrating individual SiteScope instances from HPOM to BSM "Operations Management".  Reading through the SiteScope 11.24  "Integration with HP Operations Manager Products" guide, i have these questions:

1) chapter 5 "Enable SiteScope to Send Events" ....   step 3 to change the BSM settings ...  steps b) and c) instruct to run scriipts to setup the Certificates on the GW and DPS servers.  Question:  I have 5 SiteScope instances (all reporting to HPOM), and I only want to change 1 SiteScope instance to start.  Is this possible?  or will executing these GW and DPS server scripts affect *all* of the 5 SiteScope instances??  or can i safely proceed with these BSM changes and only do the SiteScope integration step 4 for the specific SiteScope server I want to integrate to Operations Management?

2)  if i already have HP Operations Agent reporting to HPOM v9, do i need to foillow the steps in chapter 6 to "reconnect the HP Operations Agent to BSM server", specifically the 'redirect HP Operations Agent to a different server"  (not the uninstall/reinstall option)?

thanks for any insight...

Eric

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I am not sure aboutwhich document you are referring, but in general yes it is possible.

1) what is the script you are referring?

2) you need to follow that step. this will setup trust between OMi and SiS to allow receiving of events.

0 Likes

1) script is in bin\ directory named

setup-secure-communication.sh  

(guide only shows .bat for windows, but .sh exists on my servers)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Forget about setup-secure-communication.sh script. This info is seriously outdated and is not relevant at all starting with BSM 9.20 where setting up trusts between all GW and all DP servers is handled automatically once BSM starts up for the first time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.