Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SiteScope tool is occupying more memory of the server

Hi All,

We have SiteScope installed in our infrastructure which is occupying more memory space of the server.

Please let us know how we can reduce the memory consumption of SiteScope.

Also please provide us the list of parameters that needs to be checked pertaining to memory issues.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rohan,

What version of SiteScope do you have and is it on Windows or Linux?

How much RAM does the SiteScope server have allocated?

Is this server dedicated to SiteScope or is it shared with other apps?

How much RAM is free when SiteScope is not running (but everything else is running as usual)?

There is a SiteScope config tool (available from the Start Menu in Windows or run config_tool.bat from the SiteScope bin directory).  I think this evaluates the server resources and resizes the heap sizes.  However, I don't expect it will make much difference if available RAM is lower than HP's recommended system req's.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find below the details:

We have 11.11 version of SiteScope and it is installed in Windows server 2008 machine.

SiteScope server is having 12GB memory.

Server is dedicated to SiteScope only.

SiteScope is occupying near to 6GB RAM and now utilization is 77%

I am new to SiteScope tool and before running config_tool.bat file, just wanted to know how to run that file.

and is there any impact running "config_tool.bat" file and also let me know whether we have to update any details after running that file. 

Regards,

Rohan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rohan,

I have only worked with fairly small SiteScope deployments.  I had a look at the SiteScope 11.1x Deployment Guide and it has a table for high load environments on page 78.  These are where there are 16000 or more monitors across 1250 or more remote servers, and the recommended server RAM is 16GB.

If your SiteScope server has a lot of monitors and a lot of remote systems, then SiteScope using 6GB of memory is probably normal.

There is a log called server_statistics.log in ...SiteScope\logs, and this logs the memory usage within the JVM every minute, which may be of use.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.

But in our environment we have only 1555 monitors configured.

We have another instance of Site Scope installed in which nearly 1700 monitors configured and that Site Scope is consuming only 1GB memory.

Please help me in finding out the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Rohan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rohan,

Check the server_statistics.log I mentioned before because that will tell you if memory allocated to the JVM is actually being used or not.  This will show you Used memory, Available memory, Total memory and Max memory.  You can change the memory allocation if there is lots of available memory and not much used memory within the JVM.  This is done by editing the values in ...SiteScope\bin\go.bat, but I recommend checking with HP support before changing these values in case you have problems with the new values.

If Used Memory is high, then it could be that the type of monitors (or other config) in this SiteScope instance, require more memory.

Also, check the memory values in the log from when SiteScope last restarted.  Was Used memory high then, or was it slowly creaping up?

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.