Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Sitescope Custom Event Log

Hi Guys

We are monitoring MS AD FS Servers and this application has a custom log file under the event logs, created under a custom folder

When trying to create a event log monitor,  it does not pick up the AD FS Event log

How do we go about getting Sitescope to see this event log

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

What's your version?

If 11.2x all logs should be loaded automatically. Howver it may be named differently, see docs:

Log name Select the event log to monitor. The list of event logs is automatically generated

from the target server (from the registry for NetBIOS/SSH connections, and from

WMI Classes for WMI connections).

Note: When using a NetBIOS or WMI connection, only the IDs (names) are

displayed for independent libraries. For example, if you install Microsoft Office

Diagnostics, only ODiag is displayed as the log name. To display the whole name,

manually add the log name to the event_log_names.properties file in

<SiteScope root directory>\template.applications.

For example:

ODiag=Microsoft Office Diagnostics

OSession=Microsoft Office Sessions

HardwareEvents=Hardware Events

Note:

Only add names to event_log_names.properties that are different from the

IDs, otherwise all names will be the same as IDs.

Logs are no longer automatically updated after opening the monitor’s

properties. Instead, click the Reload Logs List button to reload the selected

logs.

If no luck, try: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM187028

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Kenneth,

The link you posted from 2004 says we can add a custom Event Log viewer if we edit the ".mg" files for the Sitescope groups.

Can that still be done? I have no ".mg" files on the groups directory, only .dyn files, I would like to monitor the event log "Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler/Operational"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If anyone bumps into this issue, I found out you can add more service names on the 

Preferences > Infrastructure Preferences > Monitor Settings > Additional event log names

I've added the text

Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler/Operational

And was able to monitor this specific log. I'm running Sitescope 11.24.241  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi David,

May you please let us know the complete configuration. I have added the log gile name as below.

Preferences > Infrastructure Preferences > Monitor Settings > Additional event log names

Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler/Operational

Still the monitor is not capturing the data.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.