ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Sitescope: How to send Dynamic Disk Space counter values in rest alerts?

I am trying to send sitescope alerts to slack, using the a template placed under "templates.rest". I have a "Windows services monitor" and a "Dynamic Disk Usage" monitor template defined.

The windows service monitor send info about services that are not running (from the monitored list of services) using the counter names like "CurrentlyNotRunning" or "CurrentlyRunning". However, giving the counter name for a specific disk does not work. Right now I can use the <errorOnly> property to send the counters that are in error, but I am trying to see if there is a way to send values from a specific counter.

SiteScope version 11.40

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Nagarjun,

this is from a SiteScope 11.92 test system:

I have a dynamic disk space monitor configure with the counters,
this full string (counter name and current value)
Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/MB total=50396, Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/percent full=20.0, Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/MB free=38330
is available via the variable
<state>

You can get to the individual counters via

_browseNameid1: 113 [diskId=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskName=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskMountName=/][counter=MB total]
_browseNameid2: 117 [diskId=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskName=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskMountName=/][counter=percent full]
_browseNameid3: 112 [diskId=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskName=/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root][diskMountName=/][counter=MB free]

<_browseNameid1> <_browseNameid2> and so on

_browseName1: Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/MB total
_browseName2: Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/percent full
_browseName3: Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/MB free

<_browseName1> <_browseName2> and so on

browsableValue1: 50396
browsableValue2: 20
browsableValue3: 38330

<browsableValue1> <browsableValue2> and so on

but these would be fixed names, not a dynamic one like
"the counter "Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/percent full" is in error due to a threshold violation"

After adding
_errorOnly=true
to master.config and restarting SiteScope I get - as a result of adding
<errorOnly>
to my template file and triggering an alert the information
Disk/File System/[/dev/mapper/vg_rhel63-lv_root (/)]/percent full: 20

If you need the metric value, your only chance is to refer to it via
<browsableValue1> <browsableValue2> and so on

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes

Have you attempted JSON and XML formats?

Best Regards,

~ Michael "OpenView Mike" Stollery
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.