Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sitescope VM monitoring

Hi Sitescope experts,

I often heard from my colleagues that sitescope doesn't report accurate matrix from VMWare VMs. Is this true , are many customers experiencing the same and have differences in data reported by VMware vs Sitescope?

I would highly appreciate if sitescope experts throw some lights with latest updates related to current versions of Sitescopes that are used in performance testing.

Thanks!

Sanjay

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Sanjay,

Quoting from the SiteScope Monitor Reference Guide:

Inaccurate Performance Analysis Using Perfmon to Monitor CPU on VMware

Problem: SiteScope uses Perfmon to connect to the operating system of the VMware virtual

machine and query it for CPU usage of the virtual host. When used over a period of time to monitor

CPU on VMware, Perfmon provides inaccurate performance analysis.

Solution: VMware resolved this issue by integrating virtual machine performance counters such as

CPU and memory into Perfmon for Microsoft Windows guest operating systems when VMware

Tools is installed.

I am attaching the guide to this thread, if you want to take a quick look to it. Please start on page 820. 

Mauricio Fernandez | SW Support Engineer

SiteScope

Mail: mauricio.fernandez.villegas@hpe.com

If you find that this or any other post resolvers your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remeber to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Mauricio,

Could you update the 11.3 reference document or link to any knowledge base document on this , please ?

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.