Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Sitescope hangs

Hi Guys

Having an issue

Sitescope hangs at the state when the UI says - monitoring engine is starting up. The log stops where it says starting topaz manager.

License did not expire and I did not make any changes. Also there is enough memory.

Please assist this is urgent.

I have never experienced this issue.

--REgards
--Mario

In the log files there is no errors it just s
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi MArio,

If there are no errors in SiteScope logs, can you please check in the Event Log of the server where SiteScope is intalled? May be that can give you some idea...

Start >> Run >> compmgmt.msc >> Event Viewer >> Check for Application and System Logs.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Heman

Nothing relevant hey.

Sitescope 10.12

There is no errors that I can work from. the logs just stop at starting topaz manager.

the monitors don't even run

--Regards
--Mario
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Also cpu is running very high as well between 80-100%

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I Have 2 sitescope systems.

On the 1 working SiteScope I can see java.exe process is started but on the 1 that does not work the java.exe process is not started

What could cause this
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not sure about the cause...but seems to be an issue with the Java.

You can try to Stop SiteScope Service and a may be restart of the server could help. You can try for this.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Guys, I'm having exactly the same problem...did you fixed it? thanks!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi mario,
I think it should work.. stop the sitescope and uninstall JDK then install it and start the sitescope..
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Atish

I tried that as well but did not work.

Had to completely rebuild the SiteScope.

Uninstall and Reinstall.

--Regards
--Mario
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi all,

just for you to know, I fixed my problem:
Sitescope was hanging because it was waiting for the Gateway to start.

In my architecture Sitescope is integrated with BSM 8.4. After moving of BSM DB, the Configuration Management Database did not uptated the connections info to the new DB location (I realized it by running the db connection cheker of the Gateway). So BSM GW was hanging and Sitescope, that was trying to connect to BSM, was hanging too (this is the reason for the starting log it was stopping on "starting topaz manager").

I changed the entry in CM DB and, when the gateway started, Sitescope started correctly.

Regards!

Vito
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mario.
Reinstall the JDK and restart the service of sitescope.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Im having this issue right now going from 11.12 to 11.13. I've tried restarting the gateway servers with no success. Same exact issue, Sitescope shows "waiting for monitoring engine to start up" while error.log shows waiting for Topaz manager. 1.5 years later and the issue still isnt resolved?!?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.