Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

SolarWinds Integration with OMi 10.10 Event Integration

Jump to solution

Hello Experts

We have a requirement to integrate SolarWinds NPM Module with OMi 10.10  for only Events Integrration. We  have BSMC 10 in place 

We are able to send SNMP Traps  to BSMC through snmp interceptor policy and the events are also showing up in the OMi Console . However we are not able to get the Policy variables which we are defining in the snmp interceptor policy .

I am trying to pass the policy variables in Event Title , Node, Custom Variables , None of the fields are populating in the event. . Even the Event Title is coming up as the complete SNMP trap 

For the node ci  does it require toplogy of solarwinds to be synced in OMi RTSM ?

Attached are screen shots from the SNMP Policy in BSMC and Event Details 

Looking forward to retieve these Policy variable in OMi Events 

Note:We are not using DoitWise connector 

Regards

Bilal Aman

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Guys There was some problem with the Solarwinds , the issue was fixed.

We have tested the integration using 2 different options 

1) Sending SNMP Traps from SolarWinds , There is an option in SolarWinds Alert Action to send SNMP TRAP . Configured it to send the TRAP to BSMC

2) Opcmsg: By Executing External Comamnd, We acheived this installing the OA on the SolarWinds server and configuring an External Command as action and passing the opcmsg command to trigger an invent in OMi 

Regards

Bilal Aman

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Bilal,

Can you show all the tabs of the event? Did you also try to reload the CI resolver cache just in case from JMX?

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1392844?searchIdentifier=7348dfd9%3a1399af5bc67%3a65c4&resultType=document&documentURL=KM1392844&resultsURL=%2fselfsolve%2fdocuments&allowReturn=true

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

the variables for SNMP traps must be <$1>, <$2>, ... (these <> are missing in your configuration).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Aman,

Need some clarification, we are planning to integrate solarwind with OMi via BSMC. Could you please share how you achieved this?

Is solarwind capable of sending SNMP traps? Did you tried with OA installed on solarwinds server.

Please share what all we can achieve and how we can achieve and what are the step back.. It would be a great help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Guys There was some problem with the Solarwinds , the issue was fixed.

We have tested the integration using 2 different options 

1) Sending SNMP Traps from SolarWinds , There is an option in SolarWinds Alert Action to send SNMP TRAP . Configured it to send the TRAP to BSMC

2) Opcmsg: By Executing External Comamnd, We acheived this installing the OA on the SolarWinds server and configuring an External Command as action and passing the opcmsg command to trigger an invent in OMi 

Regards

Bilal Aman

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Another option you may be able to do is write a script that runs on the Solar Windws server that sends web service request to the BSM Connector server.  You cna define a web service policy and recieve rest post calls from any server.  reason I like this a little better then the Opcmsg command is that there is no need for any software to be installed on the SolarWinds servers.  

I am not familar enough with solar windws but I am assuming they have a way to run an external command or script.  The script could be wirtten in just about any langage that lets you make rest web service calls.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Team,

Can you please share steps you did for Solarwind & OMi 10.10 integration ?

Regards,

Nilesh Chakkar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Steps:

1. Install the OA on SOlarwinds server.

2. Go to SOlarwinds UI, select alert management

3.CLick on Trigger action, Add the trigger action any thing which suites you either execute an external command or log the alert to a file

4. Based on Action, write a script to read parameter from log file and send OPCMSG or external command you can directly send the OPCMSG.

REgards

Deepak , Mark as solution accepted if it is helpful/ Click on Kudos if it give some idea

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Can you share sample script for step 4 if you have any ?

Thank.s

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, i do not have.

You can simply send opcmsg using the external command by the required variables if you are new to scripting.

Go to Solarwind UI Alert management you will get familier with it

Thanks and Regards

Deepak

Note: Press Kudos if you find this useful 

Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

When I try this I am getting

The OVO Message Command is not configured on this system.
Contact your OVO Administrator to configure it. (OpC30-913)

When I research further it is telling me that there must be one policy defined in BSMC.... Does that mean I must also install BSMC on the Solarwinds box ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Its old post, but if you're still looking for good integration solution, reach out to ZigiWave. Their integration platform is the best software we've ever used and their implementation and support teams are one of the best. Reach them out at https://zigiwave.com/ops-bridge/ and they might be able to help you. Good luck!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.