Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Specific user rights for only allowing SLM Data Corrections and SLM Recalculation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to give a user access to BSM for managing SLM Data Corrections only, so they should only be able to add/change/delete SLM Data Corrections, and then recalculate the relevant SLA.  They should have read only access to anything else.

I gave them no permissions under BSM Roles, and then Full Control Operations to all SLAs.  This allows them to manage SLM Data Corrections, but does not give them access to recalculate SLAs.  There are no other options that I can see under Service Level Management permissions, so I tried elevating their BSM Roles, trying System Viewer, then System Modifier, and then Administrator.

They are only able to recalculate SLAs when they have Administrator access, which gives them Administrator access to other areas of BSM.  Is there any other way of giving them access to recalculate SLAs without giving them Administrator access?

This is BSM 9.25.

Thanks and regards,

Tim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Tim,

unfortunately, I dont think there is. SLA recalculation doesnt have specific role or operation so it cannot be granted separately.

you can use the "Customization" tab and hide other areas for these users that you dont want them to access.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Tim,

unfortunately, I dont think there is. SLA recalculation doesnt have specific role or operation so it cannot be granted separately.

you can use the "Customization" tab and hide other areas for these users that you dont want them to access.

View solution in original post

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks Asaf!

That works really well.  I have given them BSM Admin access, and then restricted the menu options under Admin.  Although they have admin access, they cannot add those menus back in.

Thanks and regards,

Tim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.