Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Standalone OMW installation and DB on Remote SQL

Hello everyone,

Scenario

OMW as standalone installation with Remote SQL server.

Have anyone experienced that OMW can not process messages anymore after DB goes offline and comes back online in short period of time until you disable and start OMW services and may need to delete MsgQueue too.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

I believe this is designed behavior. If the remote database is not available temporarily then you will have to restart the OMW services once the database is back up again so the OMW processes can establish connection with the database.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ram

Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

if it so then it is totally ridiculous. once Database is online OvEpMessageAction server should establish connection automatically with it.

Dont you think so?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

I am not sure I agree. This is my reasoning. Database is such a key part of the OMW operations that if you restart database then you will have to reestablish the connections with many existing OMW processes and so having a clean start of the OMW processes is key to ensure that things are properly done.

Regards

Ram

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.