Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The value of Transaction Breakdown data.

Jump to solution

A customer is asking for customer references of how transaction breakdown data has provided value in their analysis to troubleshoot problems.  Is anyone out there willing to share some real world example(s) of how it helped them?  Much appreciated!  Tony

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

HI Tony, we use the transaction breakdown data every time we identify a poor performing transaction.  Really, this allows us to focus our attention on the IT domain responsible for the issue.  For example, if we notice transaction A has really spiked up over the past day or two, we immediatly load the transaction breakdown reports to identify the area we should investigate -- is it "network time" indicating network latency?  is it "server time", indicating a slow down in our application server and backend (and if so, we can use HP Diagnostics to further dive into that area)?  is it "download time", which previously has indicated a problem with our load balancers?  etc.

You can imagine the time we save having the abiility to immediatly narrow in on the problem area, opposed to being completely blind.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

HI Tony, we use the transaction breakdown data every time we identify a poor performing transaction.  Really, this allows us to focus our attention on the IT domain responsible for the issue.  For example, if we notice transaction A has really spiked up over the past day or two, we immediatly load the transaction breakdown reports to identify the area we should investigate -- is it "network time" indicating network latency?  is it "server time", indicating a slow down in our application server and backend (and if so, we can use HP Diagnostics to further dive into that area)?  is it "download time", which previously has indicated a problem with our load balancers?  etc.

You can imagine the time we save having the abiility to immediatly narrow in on the problem area, opposed to being completely blind.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

That's great feedback, David.  I really appreciate you reaching out to me with that information.  I will be having a meeting with my customer next week.  I'm not sure of the rules of engagement here, but if they wanted to talk directly would you be open to that?  If so, my direct email address is tony.ferro@hp.com.

Kind Regards,

Tony

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.