New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Tru Client script not running on BPM

Hi all.

We have created a Tru Client script designed to log in to the application & view certain information, then logout.

The script runs multiple times successfully on my laptop(where original script were designed) VUGEN and also on the BPM machine. I installed the same version of VUGEN on the BPM machine.

I added the script into the repository, configure the application with BPM, select the BPM to run the script and set the thresholds.

At first run, the script fails to execute & times-out after the default 15mins. No error.

Only when I manual run the script via the BPM Console, I get the error : Failed to invoke task. And also this error in the output.txt file: error -205177: action step:init does not exist in the script

Anyone come accross this problem before?

Versions : 

BSM :  HP Business Service Management 9.25.221, Build 378

VUGEN : Version 12.02 Build 2739

BPM : HP Application Management Version 9.24 Build 191 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Try to record a new script and upload the same. It should work fine. May be some Init file got corrupted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi -  BPM does not have Vugen forward compatibility (specially not for TruClient).  the first thing you can do it upgrading your BPM to 9.25 version OR use Vugen 12.01 version which is compatible to BPM9.24 your existing one.

Regards,

Regards,
Noam

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.