Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UCMDB Latest release Compatibility with BSM Stacks - Do Advice

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Of late I could find many versions of UCMDB....guess version 9.x has given rise to UD (UCMDB version 10 ) now.

Am in need to set up an environment that needs to be compatible with BSM and other tools along with UCMDB.

Could anyone suggest me whether I can still continue to use UCMDB 9.x or use latest UD...

If I need to use UD is that compatible with other BSM stacks ??

Am a bit screwed on which version to take up.

Please suggest. 

Thanks a ton for your guidance.

Regards,

Fruity

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>As far my understanding UCMDB version 10.01 is the latest relase and this is known as Universal Discovery - a more advanced form of Integrated DDMa and DDMi ahead of version 9.x. - Please correct me if am wrong.

It's wrong to name UCMDB 10.x as "UD". And I already explained why. Those who do it either too lazy, or don't understand the difference between UCMDB (the platform) and UD (discovery capabilities on top of the platform).

>>>Can you also brief on the difference between UCMDB 9.x and 10.x?

UCMDB 10 What's New doc is your friend here.

>>>IS UCMDB 10 compatible with above BSM stacks metioned?

Yes, as I already mentioned UCMDB 10.x and BSM 9.x can sync topology in either direction.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

you didnt mention your BSM version, but if you will look at the Support Matrix you will find that both CMDB versions are supported with latest BSM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>guess version 9.x has given rise to UD (UCMDB version 10 ) now.

UCMDB 9 has given a rise to UCMDB 10, not to UD.

UD is UD - discovery engine. UCMDB 10 is UCMDB 10 - can be used without UD at all. UD is NOT a synonym for UCMDB 10.

BSM 9.x can be integrated with UCMDB 10 for topology sync, but BSM 9.x itself cannot use UD for discovery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Dmitry for your response.

As far my understanding UCMDB version 10.01 is the latest relase and this is known as Universal Discovery - a more advanced form of Integrated DDMa and DDMi ahead of version 9.x. - Please correct me if am wrong.

Can you also brief on the difference between UCMDB 9.x and 10.x?

Also , I intend to perform a small deployment where Integration is required along with BSM Stacks like SiteScope , BSM  probably version 9.x

IS UCMDB 10 compatible with above BSM stacks metioned?

Please advice.

Thanks for your explanation in advance.

Regards,

Fruity

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Asaf for ur response. The BSM stack version are probably 9.x inclusing BSM , Sitescope and BPM 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>As far my understanding UCMDB version 10.01 is the latest relase and this is known as Universal Discovery - a more advanced form of Integrated DDMa and DDMi ahead of version 9.x. - Please correct me if am wrong.

It's wrong to name UCMDB 10.x as "UD". And I already explained why. Those who do it either too lazy, or don't understand the difference between UCMDB (the platform) and UD (discovery capabilities on top of the platform).

>>>Can you also brief on the difference between UCMDB 9.x and 10.x?

UCMDB 10 What's New doc is your friend here.

>>>IS UCMDB 10 compatible with above BSM stacks metioned?

Yes, as I already mentioned UCMDB 10.x and BSM 9.x can sync topology in either direction.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Dmitry for your valuable inputs:)..

Regards,

Fruity

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.