New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

URGENT: OMI and SIS integration steps

HI ALL,

kinldy I want to integrate OMI 10.01 and SIS 11.30 I followed the steps as per OMI admin guide and integration guide but I didn't recieve events in OMI console and the guide is not clear for me for events integration it consentrte over SIS sloution templates deployment from OMI server not event integration 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Update:

kindly I need details steps for the events integration between OMI and SIS  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Would this help:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01852679

?

There are not many steps to do:

- Install the agent

- Use SiS Configuration Wizard, check the box “Configure HP Operations Agent installed separately”.

- restart SiS

- create new integration in SiS Integration preferences

- in OMi setup connected server

Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi there,

The OMi doc team is in the process of updating the SiS integration documentation in the OMi Integrations Guide. A new version of the guide should be released soon.  In the meantime, try these steps:

• Install the agent:

Windows: Log on to the node with administrator privileges. Go to the directory where you extracted the contents of the ISO file. Run the following command: cscript oainstall.vbs -i -a

Linux: Log on to the node with root privileges. Go to the directory where you extracted the contents of the ISO file. Run the following command: ./oainstall.sh -i -a

• Configure the Operations Agent by running the SiS Configuration Tool on the SiS server:

On Windows: Select Start> All Programs> HP SiteScope > Configuration Tool.

On Linux (graphic mode): Run <SiteScope install Directory>/bin/config_tool.sh

On Linux (console mode): Run <SiteScope install Directory>/bin/config_tool.sh -i console

In the Configure HP Operations Agent installed separately option (HP Operations Agent option in console mode), select Configure HP Operations Agent to complete the installation of the HP Operations Agent.

• Restart SiteScope.
  • Login to the SiteScope UI and configure the event integration:

Navigate to Preferences > Integration Preferences

Click the New Integration button. In the Integration Preference Type window, select HP Operations Manager Integration.

• Create a Connected Server for the SiteScop server:

In OMi, navigate to Administration > Setup and Maintenance > Connected Servers

Hope that helps!

-Emily

Highlighted
Vice Admiral

HI all,

Thanks laot for your speed reply, this is the exact steps I already made and all test connections is OK both from SIS and from OMI but when i try to send test messages it didn't reach the OMI and I found the integration file from SIS side is emptly

( HPSiteScopeOperationsManagerIntegration.log ) How can I troubshoot from SIS side ?

and there is another question : if I monitor URLs in SIS how can I import this as CI's in OMI ( RTSM )to be able to recieve event for it ?

thanks alot  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It could be that something needs checking in SiteScope's Preferences > Integration Preferences "HP Operations Manager Integration" settings.   Please see the attached screenshot.  Verify you have "Enable sending events" selected. 

Also run through each of these buttons: Connect, Install Policies, Analyse.  Pay close attention to the output in case there are any errors.

For monitor URLs:

Edit the properties of the URL monitor and specify the CI that should be defined in the "HP Integration Settings".  This should create the CI if it doesn't already exist in the RTSM and associate events with that CI.

Note: If you don't do this then you will still get events in OMi.  It just means that they might not resolve to a CI or not to the CI of your choice.

CP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.