Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Unable to access Operations Connector(2019.05) user interface due to dependency of adobe flash (EOL)

Hi,

Facing issue in accessing Operations Connector(2019.05) user interface due to dependency of adobe flash which is currently EOL.

Any solution for this.

Thanks,

Rajshekar P

7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You need to manage your policies from OBM2020.10 which is HTML5 UI.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for the response.

As per the below instructions provided in Operations connecter Install guide (Link), is it not possible to access the operations connector user interface. 

To access the Operations Connector user interface from a supported web browser, enter the following URL:

https://<host_name>:<port>/bsmconnector

Thanks,

Rajshekar P

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

You need to import the policies on the OBM server to manage them from there.

Here a high level description of the procedure that you could use:

• Run ovpolicy -list -level 3 on the connector node and note the <policy_ID> of the policies that you want to import on OBM
  • Locate the files like <policy_ID>_data and <policy_ID>_header.xml under <DataDIr>/datafiles/policymanagement/store
  • Copy these files to a <TempFolder> on your OBM gateway
  • On the OBM gateway, import the policies with:
    # ConfigExchange.sh -username admin -password ... -uom -i <TempFolder> -v
  • You should now find your policies in the OBM console in "Administration > Monitoring > Policy Templates"
  • Organize these policies into aspects, add your customizations, assign them to the connector node

This is a high level description and I have not tested it.

Regards,
Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Rotax,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We have our Operations connector installed for our domain manger. Can you please let us know if we can use command line utility (bsmc-policy.bat) to manage the policy in Operations Connector node.

Thanks,
Rajshekar P
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Options are limited and the way forward really is using the OBM server itself

This is how you would use bsmc-policy.[sh|bat]: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Connector:10.11/policy_management/Import_policies

You can also use ovdeploy to do some work.

What specifically did you want to do?

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi CheeseTriangle,

We ( @rajshekar_p  and team) are using our own implemented "Operations Connector for Domain Manager"(Plugin)  for Topology and Event Collection by defining policies that are imported and managed in Operations Connector.

We found out that from January onwards browser stopped supporting adobe flash and hence policies cannot be managed via a browser anymore. As an alternative can we continue to manage (import, activate, deactivate)  the policies via command line using bsmc-policy tool without switching to the OBM policy management (new HTML 5 based UI).

From operations Connector the expectation is to Manage Policies and Edit policies defined.

We would like to know is it ok to continue using command tools as an alternative for the browser way of managing the policies.

Also, we would like to know what are the limitations if we continue using the command line tools for policy management in Operations Connector.

Thanks,

Sachin

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The command line allows you to perform most actions (e.g. enable/disable and add/modify/delete the policy).  I guess you can script most of the steps so it doesn't get too tedious.

The downsides - policies are not stored in the OBM database meaning they are not backed up unless you backup the OpsCx node.  You cannot deploy automatically to the managed node and you've got no versioning.  Gven a choice, I'd deploy and manage policies from the OBM server.

https://www.microfocus.com/productlifecycle/lifecycleITOM.jsp?term=Operations%20Bridge%20Manager shows how long you will receive support for OpsCx.  The issue here is that Adobe Flash player is no longer supported which is why I'd play for the long term and start deploying policies from OBM as was suggested earlier. 

I know it's your choice but I would like to understand what don't you like about importing the policies into OBM and managing them from the console?

CT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.