Commander
Commander

Unable to activate specific Enrichment Rule in RTSM.

Hello Experts,

hope you are all fine 🙂

Guys im having this weired trouble that im not being able to activate this specific Enrichment rule in RTSM "SoftwareElementDisplayLabelForNewHost" all other rules are working fine and get's activated, but this particular one is not. Whenever i activate it and try to save it does not save. please help me with guys.

Thanks alot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

This enrichment rule is run via scheduler, so no need to activate it. You can check the SoftwareElementDisplayLabel scheduled job by navigating to Administration > RTSM Administration > Administration > Scheduler. If you have a look at the enrichment rule content, you will see that it uses "Change during" condition on the Running Software CI. Active TQLs don't support "Change during" and "Unchanged during" conditions, so you cannot make this enrichment rule that uses such TQL active. This is by design. The only way to run such enrichment rule is via a scheduled job.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Commander
Commander

Im following a document of Appache management pack web discovery, according to it you have to activate and save Enrichment rule mannually. because of this issue my Appache WS discovery job policy is not working.

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

This rule cant be activated as a few others by design.

copy the ruke and shedule it. 

To fix all your agents that have an ID instead of hostname you need to change this rule logic to reverse and run it one time.

means that the rule has to select select all CIs that wasnt touched or modified the last 24 hours. after running this one time, all Agents should have proper NAmes. teh changing logic back work with CIs that are modified in the last 24 hours the issue should be gone forever.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.