Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Unable to install OA 12.12 on NNMi 2019.11

Jump to solution

Unable to install OA 12.12 on NNMi 2019.11

Hi
I need to integrate NNMi to OBM, this is fresh install NNMi and OBM.
NNMi 2019.11 Running on Windows 2016 Server
OBM 2019.11 Running on Windows 2016 Server
OA 12.12 Windows Install on NNMi Server
I am following the NNMi/OBM integration Guide and require to install Operations Agent on NNMi Server.
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.11/OMiIntegrationOpsAgent
When Attempting to install I receive error and the OA Agent is not able to be installed.
E:\>cscript oainstall.vbs -a -i -srv obmnode.com -cert_srv obmnode.com
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
INFO: Parsing and validating options for HP Operations agent on the node
INFO: Refer log file for progress details
INFO: Running the command: CMD /C D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\standalone\oasetup.exe -install -management_server obmnode.com -certificate_server obmnode.com
INFO: Installer has detected the LCore/shared component(11.3.20)on the system.
INFO: Checking if the pre-requisites for installation are met...
Prerequisites checked for: Windows10.0
Requirements:
-------------
[ PASS ] Check if platform architecture is x64.
[ PASS ] Check if DCE agent is not installed.
[ PASS ] Check if Perfomance agent (Emulation mode) is not installed.
[ PASS ] Check if XPL component is installed in emulation mode.
[ PASS ] Check if MSI engine version is greater than 2.0.
[ PASS ] Check if 350MB of disk space is available for agent installation.
[ PASS ] Check if 150MB of disk space is available for agent runtime.
[ PASS ] Check if Administrators group have default launch permissions.
Recommendations:
----------------
[ PASS ] Check if Windows Management Instrumentation Service is running.
[ PASS ] SNMP Service
[ PASS ] Check if the IPv6/IPv4 address is configured
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO: ==================================================================================
INFO: HP Operations agent installation started on Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020
INFO: ==================================================================================
INFO: Log file for the installation is at :
D:/ProgramData/HP/HP BTO Software/log/oainstall.log.
INFO:
INFO:
Setting the execution directory to D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\standalone
INFO: Installing the component HPSharedComp ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPSharedComp(12.12.010)
INFO: Installing the component HPOvPerlA ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPOvPerlA(05.26.006)
INFO: Found HPOvPerlA(5.26.6) installed. Skipping installation...
INFO: Installing the component HPOpsAgt ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPOpsAgt(12.12.010)
ERROR: Installation of the component package HPOpsAgt failed with error
(964758752)(Fatal error during installation.
).
ERROR: Installation cannot continue. Attempting to roll back the incomplete installations...
INFO: Rolling back the component HPOpsAgt ...
INFO: Rolling back the component HPOvPerlA ...
WARN: Removal of the component package HPOvPerlA returned exception
(10028):There are products () dependant on this package.
INFO: Rolling back the component HPSharedComp ...
INFO: Resetting execution directory to D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\standalone\
ERROR: HP Operations agent install operation completed with errors...
INFO: Changes made in system environment variables will be effective in new shell

According to SUMA, this should be fine. I have attached install_HPOpsAgt_oainstaller.log

I had a closer look in the oainstaller.log attachment and see error 1603. I am using local admin account to install, the cmd session is run as administrator too.

I found this, so not sure what is happening with the install???

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

I solved the problem. I needed to use the option -install_dir and -data_dir and set the agent to check D:\ drive at the beginning rather than the C: drive, I installed NNM and NPS to the D:\ drive so somewhere in the script it first checks C: drive, and then later finds NNM version is installed on D:\ and then when it tries to install over to D:\ drive it fails. Specifying those options finally helped to install the agent. It's a bug and should be fixed!

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Did you try to reboot and install again?

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Yes - I did try a reboot, in fact after installing nnmi/nps I rebooted to test if nnmi will start up properly.

A reboot was performed and nnmi / nps successfully started. I then proceeded to install oa agent, I even restarted after the first failed attempt, it results again with the agent failing install.

It seems, (though I can't confirm), the shared nnmi components might be conflicting somehow - SUMA has co-existing with nnmi 2019.11 is supported.

Is there a debug mode that can provide more details on the error i can use during oainstall?

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

In the oainstall.log file, it has some additional information, the setup detects a version of the agent LCore/shared components installed, hence why in my post above I suspect this might be the cause, but it continues on with the setup - I will attach the oainstall.log to this message. 

0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:11 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Installer has detected the  LCore/shared component(11.3.20)on the system.

Jim

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

looking closer at the oainstall.log - see xpl detected 11.3.20, "may not be supported", SUMA says otherwise - but still, I don't know 11.00.334 relates to. Can anyone tell me what 11.00.334 is?

[Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020] [COMPCHK] [COMPCHK] [DEBUG] #################START##################
[Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020] [COMPCHK] [COMPCHK] [DEBUG] Server Product installed is NNM
[Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020] [COMPCHK] [COMPCHK] [DEBUG] Current Version installed is 11.00.334
[Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020] [COMPCHK] [COMPCHK] [DEBUG] Current Patch installed is No Value
[Mon Jun 15 12:18:48 2020] [COMPCHK] [COMPCHK] [DEBUG] The system bsmp-nnmi with Network Node Manager supports Operations Agent upgrade to 12.10 and above.
System will be upgraded.

0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:11 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Product version queried PA[0.0.0],OA[0.0.0],XPL[11.3.20],PM[0.0.0],OM[0.0.0].
0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:11 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Found earlier versions of product installed and configured. Defer configure may not be supported.<p><br />...<br />...<li-code lang="markup">0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:11 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Installer has detected the LCore/shared component(11.3.20)on the system.
6/15/2020 12:18:11 PM: INFO: Checking if the pre-requisites for installation are met...
0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:13 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Profile file does not exist.
0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:13 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Found the bundle to be a package bundle. Hence calling oareqcheck.cfg
0: INF: Mon Jun 15 12:18:13 2020: oasetup.exe (15212/2320): Running prerequisite tool [oareqcheck.exe -det -agt_comm_type HTTPS -agt_bin_format x64 -install_dir "C:\Program Files" -data_dir "C:\ProgramData" -cfg oareqcheck.cfg -nocrc -logfile "D:/ProgramData/HP/HP BTO Software/log/oainstall.log"]
Prerequisites checked for: Windows10.0

All pre-requisites passed!!!

But notice the install_dir and data_dir is C: drive - but later in the script they change to 😧 drive right??? seems like some logic error in the script!!!!

[15/06/2020 12:19:48 PM][HPSharedComp][HPSharedComp.preinstall][INFO] Installation Dir : D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\
[15/06/2020 12:19:48 PM][HPSharedComp][HPSharedComp.preinstall][INFO] DataDir is : D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

I solved the problem. I needed to use the option -install_dir and -data_dir and set the agent to check D:\ drive at the beginning rather than the C: drive, I installed NNM and NPS to the D:\ drive so somewhere in the script it first checks C: drive, and then later finds NNM version is installed on D:\ and then when it tries to install over to D:\ drive it fails. Specifying those options finally helped to install the agent. It's a bug and should be fixed!

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.