Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Unable to install any content pack. Installation is failing with return code 1

Hello Friends!

I am using HP SHR 9.40 installed on Windows.
I am unable to install any of the Content pack.
I also uninstalled and tried to install an existing content pack but I am getting error.

Below is the error message from Admin Console:
The Run Command exited with a return code of: 1

Here is the error message from packagemanager.log:
2015-09-02 05:32:30,249 ERROR, com.hp.bto.bsmr.rpack.Autopilot.processRunCommand , run_command  Error processing Run Command directive: {PMDB_HOME}/bin/trend_proc -f {PMDB_HOME}/packages/TWO_COL/CoreTWO_COL.ap/CoreTWO_COL_CreateLoader.pro
2015-09-02 05:32:30,264 ERROR, com.hp.bto.bsmr.rpack.Autopilot.directiveFatalError , run_command :The Run Command exited with a return code of: 1

Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Shreya

Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Shreya, have a look at packagemanager.log, and loader.log.

Also, was the uninstallation successful? If this for a custom CP, ensure that your uninstallation is clean. Have you tried the same with an OOB CP, and getting the same error?

While not related to your loader issues, often the installation fails b/c the BO services are disabled/down, which typically happens when the license has expired.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Ankit,

I verified both the log file that you mentioned but didn't find anything significant that can resolve the issue.

I ensure that the uninstallation happened sucessfully.

I see the below message in the Package manager log:

2015-09-02 05:32:30,249 ERROR, com.hp.bto.bsmr.rpack.Autopilot.processRunCommand , run_command  Error processing Run Command directive: {PMDB_HOME}/bin/trend_proc -f {PMDB_HOME}/packages/TWO_COL/CoreTWO_COL.ap/CoreTWO_COL_CreateLoader.pro
2015-09-02 05:32:30,264 ERROR, com.hp.bto.bsmr.rpack.Autopilot.directiveFatalError , run_command :The Run Command exited with a return code of: 1

This is happening with any new content pack installation as well.

Thanks

Shreya

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try running each of the commands in the CoreTWO_COL_CreateLoader.pro file one by one to see which one fails.  This should give you a better idea of the issue.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Nick,

I tried what you mentioned and I am receieving the below message:

D:\HP-SHR\PMDB\bin>trend_proc -f {PMDB_HOME}/packages/TWO_COL/CoreTWO_COL.ap/Cor
eTWO_COL_CreateLoader.pro
2015-09-03 03:40:31:000,Eastern Daylight Time,-4:00,trend_proc,,DEF_ERROR,6220,4
294967295,0,"Could not open {PMDB_HOME}/packages/TWO_COL/CoreTWO_COL.ap/CoreTWO_
COL_CreateLoader.pro for reading. SystemError 3. [The system cannot find the pat
h specified.
]"

I verified the permission level for the specified file and it has all the permission. I am not sure why the trend_proc command is not able to read the file. Can you please advice?

Thanks

Shreya

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need to replace the variable {PMDB_HOME} with the actual path - in your case D:\HP-SHR\PMDB.

In addition, it is the commands in the .pro file that you should try running - not the .pro file itself.

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Nick

I tried to replace the PMDB variable with actual path. It worked file. See below.

I also validated the path in the enviornment variable and it's correct(PMDB_HOME is set to D:\HP-SHR\PMDB).

What should be the issue then?

D:\HP-SHR\PMDB\bin>loader config={PMDB_HOME}/lib/K_TWO_COL.xml init=true
PID:16520
loader process completed with error

D:\HP-SHR\PMDB\bin>loader config=D:/HP-SHR/PMDB/lib/K_TWO_COL.xml init=true
PID:4796
loader process completed successfully

D:\HP-SHR\PMDB\bin>loader config=D:/HP-SHR/PMDB/lib/K_TWO_COL_DT.xml init=true
PID:19772
loader process completed successfully

D:\HP-SHR\PMDB\bin>loader config={PMDB_HOME}/lib/K_TWO_COL_DT.xml init=true
PID:20300
loader process completed with error

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If those were the only two commands in the .pro file and both ran successfully, then these are not the problem.

Try running the .pro file itself (with the full pathname) using trend_proc.  Does this give the same error?  If so, check you have uninstalled the package.  Not sure what else to suggest!

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Nick,

I tried running the .pro file itself (with the full pathname) using trend_proc and it is returning an return code of 1,

Can you think af anything?

Thanks

Shreya

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I had a strange issue on my test system, your sounds similar. My CP installation would fail on the first .pro file execution, but running the commands in that .pro file manually would work fine. No errors in any log file to suggest the potential cause. Finally I rebooted the server once and that did it. ... You guessed it right, it was a Windows box 🙂

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Ankit,

It didn't help in my case 😞

Any other suggestion.

Thanks

Shreya

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please share this xml [{PMDB_HOME}/lib/K_TWO_COL.xml ] and the corresponding error snippet from loader.log when u ran the loader command from command line.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.