Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Upgrade OA agent on OMi

Hello Team,

can you please let us know is there any command which i can use our managen node to upgrade the OA Agent from 12 to 12.05.
Old Data should not lose. if i take the abckup then again how i can reactivate the oa database again after re-installing the agent on manage node.

thanks & Regard

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Team,

can you please let us know is there any command which i can use our  to upgrade the OA Agent from 12 to 12.05 in node machine.
Old Data should not lose. if i take the abckup then again how i can reactivate the oa database again after re-installing the agent on node machine.

we will not perform using OMi -> we want to perfomr this operation manually on node machine 

thanks & Regard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi There

Can I ask for the reasoning for not upgrading them via OMi?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

we need to perform only few server due to that we want to pperform this opertiaon manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

thanks for update,
i want to upgrade from 12.01. to 12.03. 
is there any patch or we need to follow the same process to perfomr this operation.
thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Team,

can you please update that how we can update the agent from 12.0.1 to 12.0.4.
agent version 12.0.1 is already instlled on machine we need to upgrdae  the agent on node from 12.0.1 to 12.0.4.
we don't want to lose the data.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I suggest you just do it the way it was intented to do, Not sure why you want to do it manually.

Your reason being it's only a couple of nodes, does not make sense to me around your risk in losing data. You have nothing to lose doing it this way.

Upload the Agent files to Omi and upgrade the nodes via the OMi Console, its supported and you keep all your data

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello 

thanks for update. Which binary we required Patch, hotFix or installation binary to upgrade the agent from 12.0.1 to 12.0.4.

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi There

Download the OA 12.04 from the download portal and then you can follow this guide

https://docs.microfocus.com/OMi/10.63/Content/OMi/AdminGuide/AgtNodes/manage_depl.htm

You have to follow the "How to upload Operations Agent deployment packages to OMi" section, which would make the option of upgrading the agent available from the OMi Console

Let us know how it goes

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Team,

Resolve without data lose 
there are 2 way to do it.
1) first from OMI Console 
2) Node Machine 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You can update the Operations Agent that is currently installed on a monitored node to a hotfix, patch, or new base version. After you have updated an agent, the agent cannot be reverted to the previous version.

Before you can update the agent software, you must obtain the updated agent packages and upload them to the database using the opr-package-manager command-line interface.

You can select the nodes for which you want to upgrade the agent.

Click here for more information.

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.