Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Using Enrichment Rules to modify CI display label

Is it possible to use an Enrichment Rule or some other automated method to change display labels to all uppercase for a subset of instances of a particular CI? If so, how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

The display labels are set in the CI Type manager per CI type, select the CI type and navigate to the "Default Label" tab.

Usually the display label is setup from a combination of fields, for example business application is "name | root_class"; which means it will try to use name as the value for display label, if there is no value it will use root_class.

You can either make sure the combination of fields being used for display label is set to upercase, you can also use regular expressions in the default label options, to potentially force the values to uppercase.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks, I see the Default Label tab. However, I do not understand how to form a regular expression in this view that will change a group to uppercase. According to the help documentation, the regular expression entry format is (v1, v2, v3) where v1 represents the selected attribute, v2 represents the regular expression istself, and v3 represents the number of the selected group. If what I am trying to do were possible, then I would expect v3 to also allow a regular expression like \U3 which means uppercase the third group.

Looking at my issue from another angle, I'm also wondering why the display label is in lowercase since the raw source info is all uppercase. Is there a way to prevent the lowercasing of the raw data string when it gets resolved as a CI name?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.