New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Websphere Application Server (WAS) v9 monitoring using SiteScope JMX Monitor

I am in the process of developing a monitoring approach for monitoring our WebSphere AS environments.  SiteScope does not currently support WebSphere AS (WAS) v9.x, so I was going to use the SiteScope JMX monitor.  After configuring the JMX monitor and pulling counters, I am not seeing the data I would expect from the JMX counters.  Items like the WAS application status and items like that are not present.  I am assuming I am missing a classpath, or something along those lines.

Has anyone else used JMX to monitor any WebSphere environments?  Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

thanks.

-k.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi kjf

Try to check the output from the jconsole to confirm if the counters are displaying the same with it:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM743058

That way we can confirm if everything is ok from WAS side or my more permissions are needed.

Regards

Daniel Rojas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.