UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

What is the Best Practice for Exporting OBM Dashboards and Views from one OBM to Another?

Jump to solution

This worked on OBM v2019.11, but ever since we upgraded to v2020.10, and IP1 (about to install all HFs for IP1 in DEV), exporting RTSM Views as a custom content pack (CP) and importing into another OBM instance via Deploy to Server results in the view being placed into RTSM, but no CIs associated with the RTSM View, e.g., Servers, etc. are populated. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
First of all, from RTSM you can export Package (not Content Pack).
Second, RTSM Package contains only the artifacts (such as View, TQL, CI Type, etc) but not the data itself (i.e. CIs and Relationships).
If you want to sync topology between the 2 OBMs then you need to set up topology sync via DFP (i.e. goto Integration Studio and create integration point to push/pull topology based on TQLs).
Note: if you sync Perspective based views, they will not work, as the CI ID will be different between the RTSMs. So even if the view definition will move, it will show 0 results because the content CIs are different.
Lastly - why do you think it worked before?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
First of all, from RTSM you can export Package (not Content Pack).
Second, RTSM Package contains only the artifacts (such as View, TQL, CI Type, etc) but not the data itself (i.e. CIs and Relationships).
If you want to sync topology between the 2 OBMs then you need to set up topology sync via DFP (i.e. goto Integration Studio and create integration point to push/pull topology based on TQLs).
Note: if you sync Perspective based views, they will not work, as the CI ID will be different between the RTSMs. So even if the view definition will move, it will show 0 results because the content CIs are different.
Lastly - why do you think it worked before?

View solution in original post

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

This was attempted, but the CI ID explains it. Thank you!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.