Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

bsm db create / Failed to build schema

Hi all;

I try to install new bsm from the begining. Everything is ok until db wizard. it fails when building schema.

here is log. i could not achive to forward next step. user is db create user and has all rights on db.

also i tried to create manually but it failed too.

what is my problem?  best regards. pls consider that " Invalid column name 'job_stream_dt_hjid'"

2015-01-29 22:31:45,296 [pool-2-thread-1] (Step.java:96) ERROR - Task execution failed
com.mercury.infra.flowmngr.exceptions.TaskExecutionException: com.mercury.dbupgrade.DBUCreateException: Failed to build schema
 at com.mercury.infra.flowmngr.model.JavaTask.execute(JavaTask.java:91)
 at com.mercury.infra.flowmngr.model.Step.executeStep(Step.java:94)
 at com.mercury.infra.flowmngr.FlowManager.run(FlowManager.java:212)
 at com.mercury.infra.wizard.WizardController$FlowManagerRunner.doInBackground(WizardController.java:85)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.executor.SwingJob$SwingJobWorker.doInBackground(SwingJob.java:312)
 at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:296)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
 at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:335)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: com.mercury.dbupgrade.DBUCreateException: Failed to build schema
 at com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.creator.SchemaBuilderImpl.buildSchema(SchemaBuilderImpl.java:159)
 at com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.creator.SchemaBuilderImpl.createSchema(SchemaBuilderImpl.java:104)
 at com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.creator.SchemaBuilderImpl.createSchema(SchemaBuilderImpl.java:80)
 at com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.creator.GenericSchemaBuilder.createSchema(GenericSchemaBuilder.java:103)
 at com.mercury.topaz.setmanagementdb.dbimplementation.ManagementSchemaTask.execute(ManagementSchemaTask.java:53)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
 at com.mercury.infra.flowmngr.model.JavaTask.execute(JavaTask.java:86)
 ... 11 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid column name 'job_stream_dt_hjid'.
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddb_.b(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddb_.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddb9.b(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddb9.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.ddr.v(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.ddr.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.ddr.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserver.ddj.m(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddek.e(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddek.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddek.v(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddek.r(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddek.execute(Unknown Source)
 at com.mercury.dbverify.tasks.upgrade.UpgradeUtil.runDDLSQLCommand(UpgradeUtil.java:116)
 at com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.creator.SchemaBuilderImpl.buildSchema(SchemaBuilderImpl.java:153)
 ... 20 more
2015-01-29 22:31:45,296 [pool-2-thread-1] (NavigationRules.java:66) INFO  - navigationValue = failure
2015-01-29 22:31:45,296 [pool-2-thread-1] (Step.java:119) INFO  - *** Step create_sql_bac_mng_db was executed. Execution result : failure. Next step is: sql_credentials
2015-01-29 22:31:45,296 [pool-2-thread-1] (FlowManager.java:223) INFO  - last_wait_step: sql_credentials

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Fedon, 

If you go to the DB and try to run select * from "job_stream_dt_hjid", this works ?? 

If not run the same query but with "JOB_STREAM_DT_HJID" , if ran succesfully the problem is with the configuration of the DB. The collation must be  Case-Insensitive. 

Let me know how it goes.

Itsvan A 

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What language (Locale) used for BSM install. also please check BSM 9.24 Databse guide for permissions required to create database  .. make sure CREATE DATABASE granted to user logged in ...

t#

Premium Services
“If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid column name 'job_stream_dt_hjid'.

I checked both BSM 9.24 and 9.25.
The management table JOB_STREAM_DT has a column JOB_STREAM_DT_HJID,
other tables as well, for example JOB_STREAM_LINK_DT has.

When BSM creates the databases, it uses (here for MS SQL) the files used in <BSM>\AppServer\webapps\site.war\DataBases\SQL_Svr_DB_Utils,
to create the tables in the management DB it uses management_sql_dbobjects_create.sql
and I guess we fail here
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX JOB_STREAM_RT_IX1 ON JOB_STREAM_RT (JOB_STREAM_DT_HJID);

or when creating one of the many views based on these tables.

As mentioned already, you need to check / post your BSM version and DB type and version to start with.
As this is new database BSM just tries to create, I assume that part of the creation fails and thus a following command fails on a missing element, so checking permissions is a good thing to do as well.

Debugging in this area is really complicated, in fact I have no idewa how to tell BSM to log the SQL statements it uses.

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

hi all,

thanks for your efforts.

i create databases manually by using scripts. and you are right that i changed small letters to capitals like JOB_STREAM_DT_HJID.

it is working fine but i am not sure that this problem may occure again.

regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.