Highlighted
Commander
Commander

connecting sitescope to BAC

whenever i connect sitescope to BAC, it seems it is never easy.

right now i am trying to connect sitescope 11.21 to BAC 9.23.

actually, they have connected and i can see the sitescope in admin-system availability management.

i am now trying to look in BAC Service Health to see the sitescope topology and status. i don't see them. i don't know which of the default BAC views to look at, i am using just the SiteScope SAP CCMS and SiteScope SAP Java Application Server monitors. they are set to report status and topology.

how can i see the topology and status in BAC service health?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Default view for all SiS monitors is System Monitors.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

ok, that helped and i do see the sitescope and it's monitor topology under System Monitors view. only the SiteScope has a status, SiteScope Health = green. the sitescope monitors themselves do not have any status.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I'm not 100% sure, but what I think you're looking for is a Service Health view of the status of an application. You do this through RTSM. I'd suggest building a 'view' based on the SiS monitors you have for a specific application.

Admin->RTSM->Modeling Studio

From there you can search for CI's and build models / views.

I hope this helps...

-rodney

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

didn't help.

the System Monitors view already has what i need. it has rows for all my topology already there, and it has a column to report the application status for each CI, it's just that the status values contain a "-", no status is seen. the status should be green or red based on the status of the item from SiteScope.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Ok, I think I understand the issue better now...take a look at the HP Integration Settings for each monitor. I believe SiS uses the default of Legacy System. This HI doesn't provide application status. You may want to change this in the Indicator Settings section. Basically, you want to map the indicators to HI's, which will provide both Application Performance and Application Availability values to BSM.

Or, maybe I still don't understand what you're looking to do.

In my environment, we use these metrics to populate status to the Service Health Views.

I hope this helps...

-rodney

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

in SiteScope, in the HP Integration Settings section for a monitor, i don't see anything that says "Legacy System". i see the following screen print below. i am unable to change the CI type value in thedropbox, and i'm also unable to change the Prioritize to value which is lower down in the settings section.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Look at the last entry in your screen print. However, your system looks better than ours. Most of our indicator settings are configured for Legacy System. HP states this is due to a bug back when we migrated from ver10.x to 11.x

It's good to see that you do have this issue.

The ability to change the CI type, I think, depends on the monitor type. Check a node specific monitor type like Ping. You should be able to change the CI type on that monitor type. Some monitor Types are not limited to a specific node. For example, a URL monitor could be tied to a specific host or it could be related to a VIP.

I'm not familiar with the Prioritze to value. I am not able to change that value on my servers either.

-rodney

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

we are only concerned with SiteScope SAP CCMS and SiteScope SAP Java Application monitors.

so most of your comments don't apply. we don't care about ping monitor.

what do i need to do to get these SiteScope monitors to report their status to BAC?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

is there any update?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

is there any update?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.