Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

correlation composer alarm signature

Greetings

I am trying to use the correlation composer and have most of it done except for the alarm signature. I want to alarm on a CMA that is blank. I have added the CMA into /opt/OV/bin/CO.conf.

I have set the alarm signature

Field: ENVIRONMENT

Operator: matches

Value: ""

This does not work though.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Xin chào,

Why don't you use Filed: CMA_TEAM_NAME
If your requirement blank isn't matched, you could try "<0*>"
it maches a string of 0 arbitrary characters (including separators)

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Not sure where CMA_TEAM_NAME came into this.

Setting the alarm signature to "<0*>" (with quotes) did not work either.

Many of my alerts come in with the CMA named ENVIRONMENT filled in.

It is those that are not filled in that I want the correlation composer to run for.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello.

Which product are you using?  There may be other/simpler ways of achieving what you want.

Regards,

Goran

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

I am trying to have a CMA that will indicate the environment that the alert pertains to.

For example "PRD", "PRD1", "UAT", "UAT1", "UAT2", "DEV", "TEST", "TST", "TRN"

So for now I have done a "not in list" using that list however that means I have to maintain that list. A blank field would of been a better solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.