0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hi,

its common error, you don't have exported the
DISPLAY.

if you have putty you could define X-forwarding or let it your current settinf and them export the display :

example :

export DISPLAY=your_machine:0.0

your_machine = where the Xservers is running, it could be your PC for example ( hostname or IP )

you could use also glance for the console.

mikap

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hi,

its common error, you don't have exported the
DISPLAY.

if you have putty you could define X-forwarding or let it your current settinf and them export the display :

example :

export DISPLAY=your_machine:0.0

your_machine = where the Xservers is running, it could be your PC for example ( hostname or IP )

you could use also glance for the console.

mikap

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
"gpm" requires X11 graphics to work.

PuTTY can forward the X11 graphics connection from gpm to your workstation (if you've enabled the X11 Forwarding option), but it cannot actually interpret the X11 graphics datastream. You must have a separate "X server" application running on your workstation to do that.

Reflection X is a common commercial X server product for Windows. If you want a free alternative, Xming has worked well for me.

http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

MK
MK
Tags (1)
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
just export the variable as specified aboove, and start a X session with various tools
I use Xmanager its very easy and handy.
There are various other free tools available which u can use.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You need to set the DISPLAY environment variable. To set type the following command where hostname is the hostname or IP address of the system where the X server is running:
export DISPLAY=hostname:0

On the system where the X server is running it may be necessary to enable access control so that the client can connect. The xhost command is used to set access controls.

Alternatively you can use â glanceâ character mode program also. To know more about glance issue following command on HP-UX:
# man glance

Regards,
Bhadresh
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I had installed Xming and its showing winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.

I had set the X11 forwarding in putty and tried to access gpm its showing
***** FATAL ERROR *******
Module: ../../../present/cw/ddx.c Line: 2919
***** FATAL ERROR *******

I had not set the display parameter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.