Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

how to check sitescope Active or failover from CLI

hi ,

i need check where is the active node of sitescope.

i have check java process and the difference is that on server active i have find 2 options more:

../WEB-INF/lib/ojdbc8.jar
../WEB-INF/lib/vertica-jdbc-8.0.1-6.jar

and 1 option is different :

active : ../java/bin/java -Xmx10240m
non active: ../java/bin/java -Xmx256m

This data is a unique possibility than i can use?
Or i have other possibiliy commands/check for see where node is active?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Marco,

You must be an administrator in SiteScope, or a user granted Edit failover preferences permissions, to be able to create or make changes to the SiteScope Failover profile.

To create or edit a profile,

In the SiteScope Failover user interface, select Preferences > Failover Preferences, you can chck and build a new profile or modify an existing profile. (From the primary SiteScope user interface, you can only test or delete profiles.)

Useful documentation https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:11.41/Use/Failover_Preferences_ov
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

sorry ,from the  link i see command for activate or config sitescope profile/failover on web interface, BUT i not see command for check if is a failover o active node from CLI linux.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi marcovantea,

SiteScope, whether it's the primary or the failover, simply runs.
The primary SiteScope instance has all monitors configured and runs them based on their schedule.
The Failver SiteScope instance runs with exactly the same configuration, but all monitors are suspended.
The SiteScope Failover instance monitors the availability of the primary SiteScope instance by requesting its health status using Web services,
by default once a minute.
In case the primary doesn't respond anymore, the failover assumes that the primary is down and simply activates all the non-health monitors, which were in disabled state before.
No restart, no nothing.

So the differences you observed
../WEB-INF/lib/ojdbc8.jar
../WEB-INF/lib/vertica-jdbc-8.0.1-6.jar
and
active : ../java/bin/java -Xmx10240m
non active: ../java/bin/java -Xmx256m
should not be related to the current role of the SiteScope instance.

Regarding your question, there is no API or such which returns the SiteScope status as you are looking for.
You can however utilize the main difference between the active and non-active SiteScope server: the active one runs the monitors!

I tested this using two of my systems:
  sov02bac105, SiS 11.60 on port 18080, Failover Primary
  sov02bac27, SiS 11.60 on port 18080, Failover for sov02bac105
  (see screenshots attached)

I have a "SiteScope_State" monitor under the SiteScope group "monitor_HA_env", which is an easy ping monitor, which I then can check via the CLI by using the SiteScope API, called by the utility cURL:

active SiteScope

curl -u "admin:xxxxx" ? -G "http://sov02bac105:28080/SiteScope/api/monitors/snapshots" --data-urlencode "fullPathsToMonitors= "monit
or_HA_env_sis_path_delimiter_SiteScope_State"

{"monitor_HA_env_sis_path_delimiter_SiteScope_State":{"runtime_snapshot":{"summary":"10 ms","availability_description":"Data Collected","availability":"true","status":"Good"},"configuration_snapshot":{"associated_alerts_disable_end_time":"","target_name":"localhost","associated_alerts_disable_description":"",..

-> ... "summary":"10 ms","availability_description":"Data Collected","availability":"true","status":"Good"} ...

failover SiteScope

curl -u "admin:xxxxx" ? -G "http://sov02bac27:18080/SiteScope/api/monitors/snapshots" --data-urlencode "fullPathsToMonitors= "monito
r_HA_env_sis_path_delimiter_SiteScope_State"

{"monitor_HA_env_sis_path_delimiter_SiteScope_State":{"runtime_snapshot":{"summary":"Monitor runs are currently suspended","availability_description":"Data Collected","availability":"true","status":"No Data"},"configuration_snapshot":{"asso ...

As you can see in the first request (against the active SiteScope instance), the monitor is up and running.
In the second request (against the failover and here passive SiteScope instance), the message
-> ... "summary":"Monitor runs are currently suspended" ...
is returned.

Now I simply stopped the SiteScope service on the primary SiteScope instance,
this of course would make my curl command fail

curl -u "admin:xxxxx" ? -G "http://sov02bac105:28080 ...
curl: (7) Failed to connect to sov02bac105 port 28080: Connection refused

and now I get the expected response from the Failover which took over the monitoring from the primary:

curl -u "admin:xxxxx" ? -G "http://sov02bac27:28080/SiteScope/api/monitors/snapshots" --data-urlencode "fullPathsToMonitors= "monit
or_HA_env_sis_path_delimiter_SiteScope_State"

-> {"summary":"10 ms","availability_description":"Data Collected","availability":"true","status":"Good"}

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.